Chapter 53: Difference Between

Seher remained oblivious to her emotional turmoil until a solitary teardrop landed on her hand, resting gently on the table. The realization struck her as she felt the dampness—the silent evidence of her tears. In the six months of knowing Daniel, she had grown accustomed to his restrained demeanor, a man of few words. However, today was an exception; he bared his soul, expressing more than she had ever heard from him. The wounds inflicted by his past negligence and broken promises seemed to fade when compared to the new depth of pain. Learning that he had strategically said whatever it took to secure a date with her cut through her heart.

Acknowledging Daniel's admitted weakness, Seher, at the age of 25, couldn't fathom subjecting someone else to the emotional rollercoaster she was now experiencing. Despite his revelations about lingering feelings for Amelia, Seher had witnessed genuine care and love in Daniel's eyes upon Amelia's return. She understood that these emotions had dwindled over time due to various circumstances, including Amelia's departure and her own presence.

Seher wasn't naive; she recognized the disparities between herself and Amelia. Both women had their virtues and vices. Initially hesitant when Daniel approached her, she found herself facing a man who was not only externally beautiful but also possessed a genuine kindness. He saw no distinctions between his son and her daughter, despite their claims to the contrary. Though Seher, like Daniel, denied any obligation, she couldn't deny the evident love and care he showed for her daughter.

When this charismatic man, expressing his desire to exclude his wife from his life, made promises and sought a chance, Seher found it challenging to resist. It wasn't merely a craving for attention or romance; Seher recognized it as a deprivation of love and care. Deprived of the dream that her daughter could have a father figure, Daniel's offer seemed like an opportunity to fulfill that long-held dream. Despite initial apprehensions, Seher, overwhelmed by the prospect of love, romance, and the dream of a father figure for her daughter, couldn't bring herself to refuse.

However, when Amelia returned, the apparent shift in Daniel's priorities and the evaporation of his promises inflicted a deeper wound. This emotional pain cut through her more profoundly than her own past, which had primarily caused physical and psychological scars. As Daniel sat before her, almost pleading and questioning if she felt even a slight affection for him, Seher found herself unable to escape the overwhelming heartbreak.

Seher made a conscious effort to refocus on Daniel's words, harking back to the recent revelations about his burgeoning feelings for her. His admission of falling in love, the peculiar possessiveness he displayed, and his deep concern over her interactions with another man lingered in her mind. Recalling how he had been troubled by the mere thought of her being with someone else, especially considering he wasn't aware that it was Elaine he overheard that night, emphasized the intensity of his emotions. Seher acknowledged and remembered his acknowledgment that he was acting irrationally and had no rightful claim over her.

The notion of Daniel expressing his willingness to wait for her, even if there was the slightest chance of her reciprocating his feelings, weighed heavily on her thoughts. As she contemplated, unaware of Daniel rising and heading toward the children or Richard emerging from the kitchen, she didn't notice someone taking her hand. Only when she realized it was Richard did she become aware of her surroundings.

Seher responded with a smile, a silent plea for Richard's assistance evident in her expression. Understanding her unspoken request, Richard moved his chair closer. "I cannot tell you what to do, Bambi. You have to make that decision for yourself. What I can share is my perspective," he began. "This man is sincere, honorable, and a family man, but he does have some weaknesses. I don't know the details of his past with his wife, and I won't make assumptions. However, these weaknesses have caused you pain before. While he acknowledges them, I'm unsure if he's actively addressing them. He seems indecisive, often shifting focus without resolving previous matters. I don't believe he would hurt you physically, but emotionally, there's a possibility," Richard conveyed with a thoughtful tone.