Chapter 111: A gift of a lifetime

An hour later, the entire family gathered around the grand Christmas tree positioned in the living room. On one side, the adults sat, with the women nestled in their partners' arms. Konstantin relaxed in a recliner at the center of the group. In front of them, the children, including Vasily and Meher, eagerly eyed the presents with anticipation. The twins encircled the younger ones, assuming a protective stance. As the family settled, Konstantin commenced the tale of Ded Moroz and Snegurochka, captivating the attention of all.

Konstantin began his tales, captivating everybody with his rich storytelling. "Once upon a time, in a land of snow and ice, there lived a kind old man named Ded Moroz. He wore a warm coat and a fluffy hat, and he carried a special stick. Ded Moroz had a granddaughter named Snegurochka, who was made of snow and magic. She wore a pretty dress that sparkled like snowflakes, and she had long, flowing hair."

"Together, Ded Moroz and Snegurochka rode on a magical sleigh pulled by flying horses. They flew through the sky, visiting children in villages and towns, bringing them gifts and smiles. They were like winter fairies, spreading joy and happiness wherever they went. And every winter, children waited eagerly for their visit, knowing that Ded Moroz and Snegurochka would make their dreams come true."

"What color dwess Snegoka?" Meher asked, her eyes brimming with curiosity, and Maximillian smiled at his fashion-forward blessing.

Konstantin chimed in with a smile, "Well, my clever girl, Snegurochka's dress was a stunning shade of blue, adorned with shimmering snowflakes."

"Oh," exclaimed Meher, "wike Fwozen, wike Elsa?" Konstantin furrowed his brows. "Who is this Elsa?"

At this Vasily and Meher gasped and she exclaimed, "Dadu, you no know Elsa? I show you Fwozen." The elder man smiled, "Whatever you wish, my dear. But first, let's unwrap the gifts."

"Yes!" exclaimed Meher, her and Vasily's hands clapping with excitement. The room buzzed as everyone exchanged presents, each carefully chosen and wrapped.

Konstantin was thrilled with his gifts, including coupons for the most exclusive Italian suit boutique in Chicago from his grandsons, a 40-year-old Macallan whiskey from Valentin, and a heartfelt handmade card from his new granddaughter, his favorite among them. He also received a pair of monogrammed cufflinks and a tie from Seher and a first edition of War and Peace by Beatrice.

He expressed gratitude to everyone, offering a prayer for the safety, happiness, and health of his family. His heart swelled with appreciation for Seher, Meher, and Beatrice, and he cherished the love and unity that enveloped them.

The children had already eagerly unwrapped their gifts. Vasily, always the leader and budding writer, received a Kindle, a new coat, a new hat, and a pen engraved with his name and adorned with delicate diamonds. He gasped in awe at the gift, recognizing its significance both emotionally and monetarily, even at his young age.

Upon seeing his expression, Valentin gazed at his son with pride, "Moyo solnysh (my sun), this is your first precious possession. I've given it to you because I want you to cherish it and keep it safe. If you can do that, it shows you're ready for greater responsibilities and more valuable belongings."

Vasily nodded solemnly, clutching the pen to his chest and embracing his father tightly. The Russian boss smiled, knowing he'd never admit it aloud, but Vasily held a special place in his heart, just by a small margin. This little boy truly brought immeasurable joy into his life.

Like everyone else, Vasily had also received a handmade card from Meher, embellished with glitter and sparkles.

Meher, too, eagerly unwrapped her gifts to discover an array of new dresses, matching shoes, bags, and hair accessories, all of which she adored. Seher smiled because the impeccable coordination of the outfits hinted that Tatiana must have been the one behind these thoughtful gifts.