Ch.22

"Gaspard, you?"

"I thought this year would pass without a single joke... Yet, in this situation. You can't joke in a place like this."

......

As if they were quite surprised, Robert and Sauveur jumped in and asked. As if it were a lie that Gaspard had kept his mouth shut until now, as if he hadn't been able to speak, Sauveur's words telling him not to joke were relentless.

He couldn't believe that Gaspard actually wanted to take on the escort mission. There was no way it was a task to be welcomed and chosen. To be the escort of the lady? It was obvious that it would eat away at his wit, ignore it, and have to deal with all the troublesome things.

No matter how Ante deviated from the topic, when they thought about his willingness to raise his hand against his cheeks, it was clear that it would never be easy.

Despite his colleagues' concerns, Gaspard silently shook his head. Even if it wasn't a joke anyway, it seemed that Robert or Sauveur had no intention of believing it. And Gaspard had a reason to accompany Bianca...

Gaspard looked up and locked eyes with Zachary. Zachary also faced Gaspard. Under the silence, the eyes of the two men clashed in the air. Zachary's eyes were too dry to see a loyal subordinate claiming to be his wife's escort. Zachary's black eyes scrutinized what Gaspard thought when he supported the decision to be his escort.

Though the intention was clear, Gaspard couldn't speak. Embarrassed by the reputation of being a knight of iron walls, he didn't have the courage to speak. Gaspard looked at Bianca. Realizing how things were going, Bianca shrugged. In a heavy atmosphere for everyone, only Bianca's voice was light and fresh.

"If it's Sir Gaspard, I'm also in agreement."

"... Are you really fine?"

Zachary frowned. It was Zachary himself who forced the position of escort onto Bianca, but he didn't seem very happy when Gaspard was chosen as her escort. Was there any reason why he wasn't suitable for the job? However, from Bianca's perspective, Gaspard was a sympathetic and welcome opponent.

Gaspard, whom Bianca saw, was a man always reluctant and silent. She doesn't know what he's really thinking in his mind, but it's good that he's a man of few words. It would be impossible to pretend that Gaspard's large stature wouldn't be easily noticeable, but at least he wouldn't express his presence through sound.

If she's going to be watched over anyway, it would be better with someone less inconvenient. It was terrifying to even think of having the pretentious Robert or the rude Sauveur by her side. If Gaspard hadn't volunteered, Bianca would have chosen him. Bianca smiled, affirming that she was not dissatisfied with this decision.

"Yes. He's not noisy."

......

Zachary didn't respond as if he didn't understand. He just stared at Bianca for a while. As if trying to figure something out.

"If you have any complaints, shouldn't you speak up? I don't know what the hell you're looking for."

The corners of Bianca's lips, which had slightly lifted in the uncomfortable silence, twitched.

Anyway, she had already chosen the watcher, no, the escort. So she could leave this uncomfortable place now. Bianca couldn't bear the atmosphere and stood up first.

"Well then, I bid farewell."

Bianca said her goodbyes and left. Yvonne also bowed to Zachary and followed Bianca.

Zachary, who was watching Bianca's slender back disappear, pointed with the tip of his chin at Gaspard. Gaspard, who read his lord's will, bid a polite farewell and followed Bianca. Thump, thump.
The sound of Gaspard's footsteps followed Bianca's back.