Ch.33

Zachary muttered to himself, disregarding the feelings of such subordinates.

"He said thank you very much."

Zachary's gaze drifted away. His black eyes softened like blackberries soaked in water. He repeated quietly what he had said over and over, as if he were pondering the events of yesterday, and then even laughed.

The vassals, who watched Zachary burst into laughter, thought they were hallucinating. Or was he possessed by a demon?

Zachary's behavior was so strange. The vassals couldn't easily hide their astonishment and simply kept their mouths open.

It was Robert who had the courage to speak first. With a still confused look, he asked, unable to erase the suspicion from his eyes.

"Count... Excuse me, but did she really respond that way?"

"Does it seem like I'm lying?"

"I'm sorry. I was presumptuous."

Robert quickly bowed to Zachary's seemingly uncomfortable response. Seeing Zachary like that, it seemed to be real.

After all, their master is not even the type of person who jokes with lies. So it means that the lady really agreed to go to the capital...

Zachary, who clearly had read the feelings of his subordinates, clicked his tongue in annoyance. Is it so unbelievable? Zachary firmly confirmed, leaving no room for further discussion.

"That's all you need to know. Next spring, she will travel with me to the capital."

Zachary's words were resolute. Realizing that the outcome couldn't be reversed, the subordinates nodded vigorously. It is said that you can catch a lark even if the sky is falling, but that was the story when the lark was visible. How did this happen? They sighed deeply at the desperate reality.

Only Vincent, who isn't going to the capital and will stay to protect Arno Castle, smiled and added, "Then I'll stay alone at the castle."

Robert and Sauveur looked at Vincent unjustly, but Vincent didn't wipe off his smile and fueled the fire, saying, "Have a good trip."

The smile was so natural that the two knights had no choice but to turn around without saying a word.

Although he laughed in front of Robert and Sauveur, a ray of doubt continued to arise within Vincent's mind. It was because there were more than one or two things that intrigued him.

The strange behavior that has been observed since Zachary's return. Obviously, before that, she was the same as always...

The same goes for the maid named Yvonne. Yvonne seems to have caught Bianca's attention regarding the Ante matter, but she has never had anyone by her side no matter what, did she become a dedicated maid just for that? And just as soon as Zachary returned.

There was no doubt at first glance. No matter how he thinks about it, it seemed to be to show it to the Count. Vincent clicked his tongue. However, even an experienced Vincent couldn't easily guess what it meant to show that he had a maid by his side.

"Anyway, there's something he's plotting."

Vincent squinted his eyes. His thin lips twisted, and the mustache beneath his nose twitched.

There was something suspicious, but the Count didn't seem to suspect his behavior. Far from being startled by his sudden action, he simply nodded with a grave expression that Vincent couldn't comprehend. Such an act from the Count placed an additional burden on Vincent's heart.

They had been the same for the past ten years, but suddenly one day, they both turned their palms upside down at the same time. As a vassal, his head was dizzy, and his stomach was frustrated.