Ch.112

Bianca, whom Marceau saw, was a woman who preferred to go out alone rather than using others for her benefit. Moreover, her identity was not lesser than Catherine's, and her husband would get her anything she wanted, so there would be no reason to use Catherine.

In fact, she would be perfect as Catherine's friend.

She seemed a bit stubborn and determined, but she wasn't hard-hearted to see that she had saved the young viscountess. And as determined as she is, Catherine is frank and careless, so it will be fine. Rather, Marceau wished that Catherine would learn from Bianca's decisive side.

Although she wasn't a traditional beauty based on the royal family, Bianca also belonged to an objective beauty, so she was enough to interest Catherine. Marceau's eyes sparkled as if he were plotting an intrigue.

Just as expected. Catherine slowly raised her head and asked cautiously.

"Would you like to spend time with me?"

"Of course. She likes you too, that's why she said those harsh things. At first glance, she seems like the type of person who wouldn't even give so much advice to someone she really doesn't care about."

"Still..."

Catherine hesitated and intertwined her fingers. She didn't seem displeased. As Marceau expected, her eyes were filled with interest.

When Marceau saw that Catherine had taken the bait, Marceau threw the final bait.

"Doesn't my wife trust my eyes?"

"No. Could it be? I believe in everything the Count says."

Catherine smiled widely and looked at Marceau.

Her eyes were full of trust and kindness, like a puppy looking at its owner. Marceau said, passing the back of his hand over her cheek, while thinking that Catherine was so cute he could die,

"Then go with Her Highness the princess."

"The princess?"

"Didn't you meet Her Highness when you met the Crown Princess? Go to the princess and tell her that you want to be friends with the Countess Arno. That you want to apologize for what happened today."

"That's fine!"

Catherine's face lit up when she found a reason to meet Odelli. For a woman who loves beautiful women, Odelli, who feels ecstatic just by looking at her, is the person she always wants to be with. She wouldn't wish for anything else but to spend the whole day admiring Odelli.

However, as there hadn't been a justification for them to meet until now, and since she wasn't shameless enough to attack her directly, her relationship with Odelli had remained at simple greetings. That was the best Catherine could do.

However, she still had a doubt. Catherine tilted her head and asked.

"But why the Royal Highness? Rather, since Count Arno is serving the first prince, wouldn't it be better to go to the Crown Princess?"

Catherine's cousin, the Crown Princess, wouldn't she be a better bridge than Princess Odelli? It would be good for Catherine to be able to meet Princess Odelli, but....

Marceau laughed as he saw Catherine looking at him with wide eyes as if in doubt. He explained step by step why Catherine had to turn to Princess Odelli.

"Didn't the princess take the young viscountess today? Thanks to you, today's affair was successfully completed. The Countess Arno will surely meet the princess. The relationship with the Crown Princess is linked to a political advantage through her husband, but she is directly related to Princess Odelli. It will be easier for you to get closer in that way."