Ch.109

But even if you're not married, you can still be happy enough. The living proof was Odelli herself. She was very content and happy with her solitary daily life.

If Princess Odelli had ignored Celine... It would have been a positive outcome for the Crown Princess or the Queen to take her, and if they had rejected Celine, she would have followed Viscount Volne and returned to her territory.

Learning manners under the queen or the crown princess and seeking a man to become her husband wouldn't have been a very unfortunate choice. When it comes to relative happiness, most women tend to choose that option.

The result of following Viscount Volne was obvious when you think about it. Her father would have thought that Celine's price had dropped, and it was clear that he would try to sell her at a higher price.

However, under Odelli, a slightly different future can be glimpsed. No matter what Celine did after that, Odelli was willing to respect her. Odelli had only given Celine one more chance, and Celine was now her maid, so she thought about looking towards the future.

Celine won't immediately know how valuable the opportunity she has been given is. But if she understands it, she will have no choice but to be grateful to Bianca. Obviously, it was Bianca who set up the situation for Odelli to move.

"Don't worry too much, Celine. She's not a foolish girl, she'll soon realize the reality. And she'll discover that she owes you a great debt. To be honest, it's too generous for the price she paid for playing with her mouth."

Bianca laughed bitterly. Because there wasn't much to expect. Bianca shook her head and muttered with certainty.

"The countess is very broad-minded."

"Not because I'm open-minded, but because I'm used to people hating me."

"Oh, it's the same with me. I think we have a lot in common."

Bianca and Odelli looked at each other and then burst into laughter. That was enough about Celine. Bianca naturally changed the course towards the planned conversation.

"Still, did the princess take Celine because of me? She probably didn't intend to hire a servant in the first place... I know how troublesome it can be to suddenly take on the role of an educator. As someone who knows shame, I brought a gift as an apology."

"A gift? It's not necessary. It's fine."

Princess Odelli waved her hand gracefully, but Bianca smiled slightly and signaled to Yvonne. Yvonne, who had stepped forward, extended the tray she had been carrying in front of Odelli. The small box on the tray opened, revealing a white lace handkerchief. Princess Odelli's eyes widened, and her blue eyes shone exceptionally bright.

"Oh, this is..."

"It's just a handkerchief, so I don't think it's enough to present it to the princess... It's the handkerchief I've been working on the most. I apologize for revealing my poor skill. Please, princess, accept it mercifully."

"What are you talking about? These handkerchiefs are more expensive than fabrics woven with gold thread in the capital nowadays."

"I feel honored for you to receive it."

The corners of Bianca's lips naturally lifted as she saw Odelli's delighted expression. It was just at the moment when she was worried inside that Odelli might not have much interest in lace.

Although Bianca had decided to return early to the Arno territory, she had to finish it perfectly since all the fuss after attending the banquet was to present the lace. If her actions didn't lead to income, it would be meaningless work.