Ch.55

While Zachary and Bianca were immersed in their own world and chatting, Vincent, who was listening to their conversation, wanted to check if he was hearing correctly.

"Doesn't it sound like 'that' Countess offered the Count to spend his first night with her?!"

Furthermore, it seems that there was a time when she called him 'darling,' so many things must have happened between the couple without the butler knowing.

Vincent set aside his concerns about whether the Countess had eaten something wrong. It didn't matter now. Vincent went to see Zachary after he finished his urgent work.

Coincidentally, it was meeting time when Vincent visited Zachary. Except for Gaspard, Robert and Sauveur were reporting internal affairs to Zachary.

Vincent paused for a moment. Even considering the Lord's majesty, when it comes to Zachary's private history, he generally tends to inform when no one else is around. But now was not the time. When people's attention focused on Vincent, who suddenly appeared, Vincent, who approached with quick steps, raised his voice, unusually blushing.

"Count. Since when have you been discussing a successor with the lady?"

Zachary and Bianca only talked about their relationship. However, since Vincent's view of aristocrats' relationships is completely entangled with the successor, it was natural that his train of thought would spring up.

Frankly, was there any love between Zachary and Bianca?

Zachary asked with a frown.

"... Do I have to say that?"

"Of course! If I had known such a story was going on, I would have tried to serve a little more-..."

"A little more?"

Zachary's interrogation was a bit blurry. Vincent kept his mouth shut. He was so excited that he made a speaking error. As it was an immature approach as a butler, there were no objections. While Vincent blamed himself, Zachary looked at Vincent with eyes as sharp as a knife.

"With or without a successor, she is the hostess of Arno. No matter what attitude she takes, it's the same. So, no matter how you serve her, that shouldn't change, right?"

"... It was my mistake."

Zachary's voice was not loud, but an undeniable dignity was present. Vincent bowed his head so that the top of his head was visible and begged for his mistake. But he couldn't just apologize for a mistake. As there was something more important than that, Vincent carefully pulled on his luck.

"... Count. From what I've heard, it seems that the lady wants a successor, and the count refuses... Am I guessing prematurely?"

"That's right."

"No, why on earth is he refusing?"

How long had he been blaming her? Vincent flinched and raised his voice. Seeing Vincent's unfathomable uproar, Robert and Sauveur swallowed and kept their mouths shut, silently listening to the conversation between Vincent and Zachary.

Everyone's attention was focused on the response that would be spat out from Zachary's lips.

Zachary responded casually, as if he were stating something obvious.

"Isn't she still sixteen?"

Vincent opened his mouth at Zachary's words, which seemed to be an obvious reason for the sun to rise from the east. Of course, Bianca was quite mature. Still, she was old enough to have an heir. Didn't Viscount Rudolf, who rules the neighboring estate, have children when his wife was fifteen? How the hell does he have to wait longer?