Ch 100

When Bianca showed no reaction, those who were leading the conversation towards Bianca felt embarrassed. Celine's eyebrows shot up sharply. She asked persistently, like a hyena searching for an opening in Bianca.

"What are your hobbies, Countess?"

"It's embarrassing, but there's nothing in particular that I enjoy."

"Please. A noblewoman should have at least one or two hobbies, shouldn't she?"

Bianca let out a small sigh at the excessively shrill voice.

She was going to take a closer look at who leaked the rumors, but she was surprised that her existence was so blatantly revealed. Was she fortunate that the work wasn't bothersome and time-consuming...?

Apparently, when Celine, the youngest daughter of Viscount Volne, threw a comment, Baroness Guildard and the others probed into her words. And Catherine, the Countess of Davoville, who accompanied them, found herself caught in the middle unable to do this or that.

They were hostile towards Bianca, perhaps because they were dissatisfied with her solitary manner, not attending their gatherings or having any other social relationships.

Bianca couldn't afford to be concerned with such socialization, but from her viewpoint, Bianca intended to be noble and pure for herself.

Of course, that didn't mean Bianca would decide to start stressing herself and spend time with them, so this relationship wouldn't calm down. So she had no choice but to step forward.

Bianca replied, still pondering in her head how to make it work for her.

"I spend my time weaving or embroidering."

"That's thrifty. Did you embroider the dress you're wearing today?"

Baroness Guildard said disdainfully.

Embroidery and weaving were often just part of aristocratic culture, and they were not considered worthy of a hobby. It was shameful for a noblewoman to embroider her own dress, as it was something that maids did to earn a living.

Bianca responded calmly to the provocation.

"Fortunately, the maids in our household are quite skilled at embroidery."

"That's right. The embroidery on the dress is really delicate."

Feeling that the atmosphere was flowing strangely, the wife of the first prince awkwardly smiled and intervened, but as soon as she did, the hostile comments clung to it.

"Did you use gold thread? It's green satin... Must have cost a penny or two."

"I would believe it if you put all my money invested in falconry into a dress."

"A dress like that could be exchanged for five well-bred falcons."

One by one, they began to comment. Ordinary people would be so intimidated that they couldn't say anything, but Bianca snorted.

Raising a falcon that can go hunting doesn't cost much money, but raising a falcon is culture, and investing money in a dress is a waste of money. It wasn't even enjoyable. Both are a waste of money for those who don't have money, so what's the point? If they had the money anyway, they would want to wear a dress like this.

When she said that embroidery was her hobby, they treated her as if she were poor, but when she said that the maids did it, she became a woman of luxury. If they're going to criticize her, she would like public opinion to be created in one direction and not this and that, but their comments clashed contradictorily due to the desire to downplay Bianca on both sides.