Ch 113

"Actually, every time the prince approaches, I get nervous. As you know, my husband is serving the first prince. The second prince doesn't have a good relationship with the first prince... The source of forest fires is a small ember. I'm afraid that a little thing related to me could cause a big problem... As I'm timid, I have no choice but to feel nervous."

Catherine nodded several times as if Bianca was right. Odelli, who was listening attentively to the story by her side, asked as if it were strange.

"Is there something going on with the second prince? It's not a matter of one or two days, but... Has the second prince ever flirted with the countess?"

"... Yes."

Bianca cautiously responded. It wasn't something to talk about out loud. Upon hearing Bianca's answer, Odelli's eyes sparkled intensely.

"Then my brother would have known... I'm sorry, Countess Arno."

"No. It's not the prince's fault."

"No. It's my brother's fault. If my brother had given a stronger warning beforehand, that wouldn't have happened in the tournament. Anyway, my brother is too soft."

Odelli clicked her tongue. It was clear whom her disdain and pity were directed at. Gautier and Jacob, both of whom were very frustrating to Odelli. The former was at least welcomed as a family member, but the latter was insignificant. Her lips curled up, and she lashed out at those who weren't there.

"He didn't give too much importance to the tournament. Tournaments are men's festivals. He would have taken it for granted that it wasn't a big deal. In a crowd of spectators, with no acquaintances, does it make sense to hand a rose to the wife of an opponent? It's obvious that people will talk about you... Words may be romantic and all, but in the end, it will be a scandal. Without even considering how embarrassing it will be for a woman to receive unwanted attention, they are simply intoxicated with the satisfaction of confessing."

Odelli frowned and waved her hand forcefully. However, the problem was that even with a grimace, her face was beautiful, and the irritation didn't easily show.

Somehow, Odelli didn't look very happy when she received the rose from the Knight of Castile. Since she appeared in the social world until now, she had been attacked by this kind of thing.

Catherine's face brightened. Then Catherine, realizing that receiving roses wasn't a good thing, asked hesitantly.

"Why does the first prince leave the second prince alone when they're not friendly towards each other? The second prince is quite old, wouldn't it be better to let him go..."

The relationship between the two was so strange that Catherine questioned it. Half-brothers with little age difference. Jacob didn't openly reveal his greed for the throne, but he also didn't hide his hostility and resentment towards his older brother.

Normally, the general norm was to separate him from the capital by sending the second prince into exile, but Jacob lived in Lahoz and freely traveled with other nobles.

Catherine's question also piqued Bianca's curiosity. When Bianca and Catherine's curious gazes turned to the princess, Odelli smiled and answered as if she thought it was absurd.

"Because my brother wants to be loved. That's why he leaves the second prince alone. Because my father doesn't want conflicts. He pretends to be the good elder son."

It was a sarcastic tone, but a part of her voice seemed somewhat bitter.

"But what does this mean?... It's good filial piety while my father is alive. But when my father dies, the love my brother wanted to receive will end, won't it? By then, the second prince will have increased his power. Jacob is not afraid of my brother. Because he knows my brother's gentle personality. The king should be feared, but my older brother only wants to be loved..."