Ch 120

If the lord was captured as a prisoner of war, the wife had to both raise funds for the ransom and secure the Church's indulgence. However, only under the premise that Zachary was alive.

"But if he dies..."

Bianca took a deep breath. Another role of the wife during war was to execute the lord's will when he was killed and raise the children as heirs.

In the past, Bianca didn't even know how such a step was carried out or what Zachary's will was. Because she didn't know his will, the justification to execute his will also lost power, and she couldn't raise a successor because she had no children. So Bianca was abandoned and humiliated, expelled from the Arno estate.

It cannot happen this time either. She doesn't intend for Zachary to die, but that doesn't mean she isn't prepared for anything else. Bianca tried not to neglect anything to change the future. Francis's words that only she could change the future bound her.

Bianca opened her heavy mouth with difficulty and calmly asked.

"Vincent, may I check the Count's will now?"

"... It's possible, but... Do you really need to check it now?"

Vincent hesitated. A trace of anxiety could be perceived on his face. It was evident that he was reluctant to show the will. As if he didn't want Bianca to confirm it.

Why?

Bianca was Zachary's wife and had the duty and right to confirm his will. Although it's a duty that has been abandoned until now. To the extent that Zachary and Vincent know this, they must have written the will with Bianca in mind.

But hiding the will? Then there must be something in the will. Although Bianca knew she could see it, if there was something that Bianca couldn't see...

A voice of doubt echoed in Bianca's mind. If that's the case, it must be now. Vincent can tell Zachary about what happened today and change the content of the will. Bianca pressed Vincent.

"It has to be now. Bring it right now. Before running to the Count and revealing that I'm about to confirm the will. Do you understand?"

"But Madam..."

"Gaspard!"

Bianca raised her voice. When Bianca called, Gaspard, who had taken a step back as an escort, stopped in front of Bianca. Bianca looked at Gaspard with a cold gaze.

Everyone around looked at Bianca in response to the sudden change in the room's atmosphere. Never before had Bianca been so angry with an employee. She had a sensitive and demanding personality, but basically, she wasn't the type of person with many ups and downs. She had a sarcastic personality instead of raising her voice when there was something she didn't like, which is why they instinctively felt that this was unusual.

Gaspard at that moment realized that he would completely lose Bianca's trust if he responded poorly here. Bianca's gaze was sharp.

Bianca questioned Gaspard with a rigid face.

"If I assign you to Vincent, will you hold hands with Vincent and run to Count Zachary?"

"...I don't have the right to judge that. The Count told me to follow Madam's orders, except in matters related to Madam's safety. I will listen to your command."

Gaspard responded without hesitation. He was a man who didn't know how to lie and didn't mince words. As it was best to follow the given orders, his decision was unwavering. The back of his neck was tense as he lowered his head.

As soon as Gaspard's response came, Bianca's gaze turned to Vincent. Bianca's will was firm. Vincent closed his eyes tightly in horror at not being able to stop Bianca. Bianca's order fell upon Vincent's head.