Ch.108

"However..."

"If something goes wrong, I have no one else but my father and my brother. Don't you know that?"

Bianca's body trembled slightly, and her light green eyes filled with tears. Gustave involuntarily took Bianca's tightly clenched hand in his lap.

But he never nodded. The troubles in his mind were clearly revealed. He wanted to agree with Bianca, but he didn't want to say that his son would stay in their territory while his son-in-law traveled through dangerous battlefields.

At that moment, Zachary, who had been silently listening, came to Bianca's aid.

"Do that, Count Blanchefort."

"Count Arno."

Gustave was astonished.

To be honest, he was only making such a statement because Bianca didn't know about the honor and duty of a knight as a noble, and he thought Zachary would be offended by Bianca's statement.

Wasn't he the one who had been on the battlefield since he was 16? And as a result, he established a connection with the Blanchefort family... Bianca's words left room for the misunderstanding that she was sending Zachary as a fighting dog of the Blanchefort family.

That's why he shook his head even more, because he couldn't bear to hear Bianca.

However, when Zachary actively agreed with Bianca, Gustave felt perplexed.

In fact, the story about Johaseng's participation had already concluded for Zachary and Bianca.

Bianca hesitated for a long time, worried that Zachary might misunderstand her, as Gustave was concerned, but Zachary nodded happily more than expected.

Rather, it was a good idea, and he took it seriously. Zachary was also worried about Bianca being left alone while he went to war. Until now, the remaining soldiers enlisted in the Arno family were enough to protect her, but now that Jacob was in the picture, he didn't know what would happen. In addition to Arno, he needed people to protect Bianca, and Blanchefort, her home, fit perfectly into that.

Zachary added as if he was requesting.

"That way, I'll be able to go to war with peace of mind."

"... Count Arno also believes that, so we will wait without participating as much as possible."

When Zachary said that, Johaseng nodded vigorously.

As a young man with a lot of energy, deep in Johaseng's heart, there was a strong desire to go to the battlefield and become a commander.

Just like Zachary, he wanted to prove his own ability! But he realized that it was just his greed. Thinking that even his sister's life was on his shoulders, he couldn't raise his voice to reject it.

"You can trust us, Count de Arno," Gustave added with a sigh.

It was moving from his point of view that Bianca cared about her family by understanding the situation of the neighboring kingdoms.

He thought she was just a girl who was interested in nothing more than wearing a dress or reading a poem... Just like with the matter in the banquet hall, he was very proud that she had grown so wonderfully after leaving the arms of her parents at an early age.

"Bianca, I can't believe you can read and think about the situation around you in this way... This father is very happy that you have grown wonderfully as a countess."

She didn't really care, so Bianca could only awkwardly smile. Gustave would have undone what he had just said if he had known about Bianca's deferred duties as a countess towards Vincent. Fortunately, Zachary was the only one who knew, and he was a good man who could keep his mouth shut for his wife's honor.