Ch.84

Yvonne, who was serving Bianca from behind, said with a slight smile.

"The first rose."

"Yes."

Bianca nodded slightly. Previously, she couldn't understand how noblewomen cried and laughed over a single rose, but now it seems she understands that feeling a bit. Bianca's heart raced wildly, but it wasn't an unpleasant sensation.

Of course, the roses Bianca received didn't stop there. Because Sauveur and Robert, who competed in succession, won and presented her with a rose.

"To our lady, the glory of victory."

"...Please accept it."

Bianca gladly accepted their roses. Unlike Sauveur, who greeted her with a witty and exaggerated gesture and then disappeared, when Bianca accepted the rose, Robert's eyes widened in surprise. Sauveur's statement that he was afraid she would throw away the rose was not an exaggeration but the truth. Bianca struggled to contain her laughter and praised him dignifiedly for his work.

There were already three roses on Bianca's lap. The eyes around her gradually turned towards Bianca. Those who were clever noticed Bianca's identity from the start. The heir of the Blanchefort family and the knights of the Arno family were the senders of the roses, so it was an easy deduction.

Now it was Gaspard's turn. When he appeared in the arena, looking exceptionally larger than the other knights, everyone held their breath and pitied Gaspard's opponent.

Naturally, Gaspard also quickly advanced to the next round.

As the victorious man rode his horse towards Bianca, neither seemed surprised. Gaspard bowed before Bianca.

Gaspard's size was so big that Bianca, who was in the stands, was at eye level with him even when he was on horseback.

Gaspard opened the helmet cover. His face was filled with tension. Yvonne whispered as if pushing Bianca from behind.

"Madam, this is the fourth rose."

But Bianca remained still, unmoving. Looking at Gaspard, she noticed that his gaze subtly shifted away from her. As she expected.

Even in the face of Yvonne's insistence, Bianca only smiled and didn't move. Gaspard, who had been tense all that time, slowly opened his mouth as if he had made up his mind.

"Yvonne."

"...? Yes?"

"Accept it."

Gaspard handed a rose to Yvonne, who was standing behind Bianca. Yvonne widened her eyes and looked alternately at Gaspard and Bianca, as if she couldn't understand the situation. Of course, Sir Gaspard had told her about it...

As Yvonne remained frozen for a long time, Bianca smiled slightly and urged Yvonne.

"Yvonne, aren't you keeping Sir Gaspard waiting?"

"D-did you... speak to me?"

Yvonne stammered and pointed at herself. Bianca even felt sorry seeing her tremble. Gaspard silently nodded in response to Yvonne's question and handed her the rose once again.

"Accept my rose, Yvonne."

Yvonne received Gaspard's rose with an enchanted expression on her face. Gaspard smiled faintly as he saw the rose in Yvonne's hand. And before the opponent could recognize that smile, he turned his head and left the stadium.

Even Yvonne, who was generally mature, seemed confused as it was the first time she found herself in such a situation. It wasn't just being confessed to, but she received the tournament rose!