Ch.29

"..."

She thought she heard him swallow for a moment, but Bianca decided it had been an auditory hallucination. Could that person, resembling an iron wall, do such a thing? Bianca snorted and laughed.

Even for a moment, the idea of taking this opportunity to seduce Zachary was ridiculous. Zachary couldn't be moved by someone with a body like hers.

Bianca, objectively looking at herself, smiled with self-contempt. Bianca pretended to be fine and made a calm grimace, then got out of bed and stood up. Her bare legs, which had been revealed for a moment, were hidden by the hem of the sliding skirt.

Bianca crossed her arms, pulling at the skin that was about to fall off her shoulders. As soon as she stepped out, she missed her warm bed. Why now? Bianca's words, unable to hide her irritation, came out.

"You don't need a successor, but you come to my room at this hour."

Usually, it was rare to see him once a week, but today was already the second time.

Zachary remained silent in the face of Bianca's brazen words.

Bianca was confused in her own way. What is the reason he is in such a hurry to come here to talk about something that can be done tomorrow?

Bianca shook her head but couldn't think of any good reason. She was assuming it might have something to do with Gaspard. Although he was by her side under the name of an escort, Zachary attached him to monitor her. He may have a story to tell after receiving his report.

That was annoying. Bianca sighed a bit.

"... How was Gaspard?"

Zachary's voice was blocked. His dark voice was blurry, making it difficult to understand what he said at first. It was only after a couple of reflections that Bianca finally realized his question. What should I answer? After thinking about her response for a moment, Bianca simply answered honestly.

"I liked the fact that he didn't have enough presence to bother me. Of course, I didn't like the fact that he was so big that he often drew attention, but..."

"... I'm glad you liked it."

He said he was glad, but Zachary's face didn't look happy at all. Bianca tilted her head while looking somewhat disgusted. Her brown hair fell over her thin white neckline. Bianca ran her hair back behind her neck. It seemed that it would be better to change the subject rather than continue with the topic of Gaspard.

"Therefore, why did you come here?"

"It seems like you're telling me that I shouldn't come to you without a reason."

...

"Well, it has been like that before. No wonder you're upset."

He wasn't rushing her, but to Zachary, it sounded that way. Maybe it wasn't that he didn't want to rush her. His discomfort at intruding in the night may have come out unintentionally. Bianca replaced the embarrassing response with an awkward smile.

"I came to you just as you said because I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

...

He spoke first and then closed his mouth. Bianca blinked at Zachary's hesitation. Is he doubting? Was he always authoritative and only said what he wanted to say? Even when he said she should have an escort, he spoke as if he had no intention of listening to Bianca's opinions. Does he doubt because what he has to say is so terrifying? Concern outweighed curiosity.

After hesitating for a moment, Zachary carefully opened his mouth as if he had made a decision.

"Next spring, I have to go to the royal palace."