Ch 117

"Are you here?"

"Hmm."

Before Bianca turned around, Zachary closed his mouth again. It was quite amusing that he had gathered courage for nothing. Like they had been glued with honey, their lips stuck together and didn't open. Zachary stood upright in place, constantly squeezing and opening his clenched fists for no reason.

Bianca, who looked at Zachary near the window, quickly averted her eyes from the window when Zachary fell silent. Even though they were in the same space, it felt as if she was far away in some other place... Bianca, whom Zachary was looking at, seemed like a figure in a painting, not herself.

Zachary, anxious about Bianca's attitude, quickly opened his mouth.

"The weather is very cold. Don't stay by the window, come here."

"It's still fine."

Bianca responded sarcastically. Summer hadn't ended yet, so it wasn't too cold even at night. Zachary's lips, not expecting such a reaction, closed tightly. Even if the army was on the defensive in the war, he wouldn't have felt so impatient. Zachary's black eyes fluttered with impatience.

Zachary smiled and approached Bianca. But is it due to his nervousness? His face was too serious. The voice he tried to make sound friendly was too uncomfortable.

"Is there something interesting at the window?"

"It's not that, but... Sorry. I've been very absent-minded lately. I think it's homesickness. I can't wait to return to the Arno territory."

Bianca's voice was unpretentious and calm. Her tone was impeccable and casual, but on the contrary, it wasn't easy to get the words he wanted.

Swallowing saliva in his burning throat, Zachary gathered the courage to speak again.

"It seems like you've been thinking a lot these days."

"Have I?"

"Hmm."

When Bianca asked a question, Zachary groaned again. One step forward, one step back. It would only be a matter of time before supplies ran out even on the front lines at this rate. It would be better to run out of supplies, but it was Zachary's mental power that faltered at this moment.

Bianca, unaware of Zachary's intentions, smiled faintly.

"It's nothing. Just..."

Zachary waited patiently. It would be a big problem if Bianca's words were swallowed by his voice, even if Bianca kept her mouth shut again.

Zachary silently waited for Bianca to say a word. After a while, Bianca's lips slowly opened.

"I'm worried about the war with Aragon. Are you going to fight again?"

"...yes."

"Yes... If you don't go to war, Sevran is at stake."

Bianca's pale green eyes were dull. He could sense a feeling of distance, as if she hadn't even expected otherwise in the first place.

He heard the response, but on the contrary, Zachary became even more confused. Yes, he will participate in the war with Aragon? Bianca's question was abrupt. It was also because Zachary and war were inseparable. Before marrying Bianca, and even after getting married...

But why suddenly?

"What the hell did you talk about with the Archbishop?"

The words reached the end of Zachary's throat. But he couldn't say it out loud. It was because he was more afraid than curious about the conversation between her and the Archbishop.