Ch 119

"I-I have worked hard on sculpting to dedicate myself to Madam. The butler said maybe I should try something other than candles, so I carved in wood..."

If it were the original Nicholas, he would have insisted on making only candles. However, Vincent's words that Bianca might get tired of it made him look for other options.

Vincent, who was listening, added with a sigh.

"Most likely, Nicholas's candles will be enough for Madam to use throughout this winter."

Due to Bianca's orders, he had to provide as many candles as Nicholas wanted, so there were times when all the candles there ran out. It was at that moment that he realized this couldn't go on like this.

But what should he do? Bianca gave the order, so Vincent couldn't do anything about it.

The fact that Bianca could get tired of it was a story he let slip, hoping that Nicholas could explore other elements. At the same time, he didn't expect much, but he was pleasantly surprised because the effect was unexpectedly good.

Of course, Vincent wasn't completely lying. It was because Bianca, whom he had been observing until now, was very demanding and capricious when it came to consumption.

Fortunately, Bianca showed interest in wood carving. Although carving at first can become delicate, it wasn't difficult to reveal greatness on a large scale.

"I'm also curious about the other pieces. Can you show me later?"

"Of course!"

Nicholas nodded eagerly. As they talked about sculptures, Zachary, who was standing by the side, spoke with a displeased expression.

"Bianca."

"Yes?"

"Why don't you go inside and rest? It's because I'm worried."

Zachary thought it was an excuse to himself, even though he said it. It's as if he's trying to divert Bianca's attention to him... he said such an excuse simply to hide his jealousy.

Zachary smirked to himself. He's just a 10-year-old boy, so what absurd jealousy is he talking about?

But if you think about it, the age difference between Zachary and Bianca is 13 years. In comparison, a seven-year age difference wouldn't be anything. When he looked at the numbers, the age difference became even more vivid. Zachary's mouth closed tightly.

Anyway, if he could catch Bianca's attention, even with a quite embarrassing excuse, he would be willing to do embarrassing things over and over again. Zachary spoke to Bianca again.

"You still seem tired, so you can rest early today... nothing bad will happen if you check the estate tomorrow. Wasn't Vincent handling it? He has been doing well for a few months, so it's fine to rest for one more day."

"Rest, Madam. I will arrange everything for you to see it tomorrow."

Vincent quickly accepted Zachary's words. Although he couldn't guess all of Zachary's intentions, he thought he knew exactly what he wanted.

"Is that so?"

Bianca nodded naturally at Zachary's suggestion, as if she hadn't guessed what he was thinking. It was very fortunate for Zachary.

Then Bianca headed to her room in Arno Castle. She had finally returned after half a year.

----

Not long after returning to the castle, they melted into their daily lives.

During her absence, Zachary was informed of what had happened on the estate. This year's vineyard had a bountiful harvest, so next year's wine would be plentiful, from trivial matters to the situation in Aragon on the border, and the rumors that circulated after they left the capital.