Ch 123

The Arno estate became noisy with the news that arrived from the capital.

The death of the first prince!

Gautier was the first in line to the throne. Although there is a faction of two princes, almost everyone in Sevran considered Gautier as the next king. To that extent, the news delivered by the messenger was as shocking as the death of the king.

Bianca couldn't hide her confusion. She expected Prince Gautier to die, but that would be in two years. And the cause was different. The cause of death she knew was a death during the war.

Bianca always wanted to have certainty that the future could change, but not like this. Bianca's heart beat heavily.

Originally, in the war where Gautier died, her younger brother died, and her father died, so in a way, she could think that she had avoided the death of her family, but Bianca knew that life wasn't that easy.

She thought she had managed to prevent his death by convincing Johaseng not to go to war... In this case, she also doesn't know when, where, and how Johaseng will die. Of course, the same thing happened with the death of Zachary, the one she feared the most.

All of this was caused by not addressing the root cause. Exactly, Jacob. His existence...

Until now, their relationship had been fixed, so it was quite difficult to move forward. In other words, wouldn't Gautier's death be the starting point and Jacob's downfall? If we blame Jacob from this side for Gautier's murder...

Bianca tried to think positively, but she couldn't control her natural anxiety. Bianca felt a sense of suffocation and walked frantically from one room to another. The everydayness of always worrying about the deaths of the people around her, even though she was sensitive, pushed her further to the edge of the abyss.

While Bianca's head was filled with anxiety and impatience, Zachary went to visit Bianca. It was to bid farewell to Bianca before attending the prince's funeral.

As he entered the room, he looked at Bianca. He had no intention of changing his mind, but he felt anxious about leaving the territory after having a fight with Bianca.

Zachary spoke carefully with an uneasy attitude.

"I'm leaving. It won't take long. I'll be back in a month."

It was his own act of apology that Zachary spoke to her first. And Bianca knew it.

Bianca was equally anxious about being in the midst of a fight with Zachary. As she was stubborn, everything became chaotic.

And now that she thinks about it, she believes it would have been better if she had been kinder to him. She acted like a colt pierced by thorns for no reason, and she regretted it.

Of course, she would never have done it if the situation hadn't changed as dramatically as it has now.

After an eternity of silence, Bianca opened her mouth.

"...take some escorts just in case."

In the meantime, is this all she will say?

But she didn't know what to say in this situation. It was the first conversation she had with Zachary in a long time. It was just a month ago, but she completely forgot what they had been talking about before the fight.

But Zachary didn't mind. It was enough for him that Bianca accepted the conversation. A look of relief appeared on Zachary's face, which had hardened from discomfort and tension. Zachary responded with a slightly excited voice.

"Don't worry. Nothing special will happen."

Ironically, the tragedy of the first Prince's death softened their relationship. There was always happiness in misfortune. Although the weights of misfortune and happiness were different, and their situation was too insecure and superficial to be relieved.