ch 98

His firm, sun-kissed skin gleamed under the morning sun.

He thought he had grown accustomed to it last night, but apparently not enough to see it openly in the sunlight.

The moment Bianca, unable to bear looking at him, turned her head, Zachary lifted Bianca's body in an instant.

Zachary carefully lowered Bianca into the bathtub. The warmth of the water that touched Bianca's toes spread throughout her body. The bathwater, sprinkled with rose oil, had a subtle scent of roses, and rose petals floated around. The fragrance of roses tickled her nose, and the warm sensation that spread across her skin relaxed Bianca's body.

Zachary sat on the bed and watched as Bianca bathed. Bianca clumsily splashed water onto her body and looked at Zachary. The black eyes that gazed at Bianca were too intense. As if there was something he desired...

Bianca couldn't bear it any longer and asked,

"Would you like to bathe with me?"

It was only after saying that that Bianca was horrified. Bathing together sounded very improper. But instead of lowering her head, Bianca raised the tip of her chin with pride.

"I can make such a suggestion. We are now... truly a couple."

Did he realize Bianca's inner feelings, which seemed restless even though she pretended to be calm on the outside?

Zachary responded with a smile.

"If I do that, I don't think you'll be able to attend the banquet tonight."

Bianca involuntarily trembled at the weighty words.

Zachary picked up the clothes that had been scattered on the floor. Every time he moved to put on his clothes, his muscles flexed.

In that moment, she remembered his rough movements above her. Bianca's face flushed, and she ran her wet hands over her face.

Zachary, fully dressed, approached Bianca and lightly lifted the tip of her chin with his hand.

Her hair was disheveled, and the knots in her loosely tied chest were undone. Instead of the asceticism and modesty she always felt, there was a strangely wild charm about her.

While Bianca stared intently at Zachary, Zachary's face drew closer. And he softly whispered, kissing Bianca's damp cheeks.

"I'll see you later. I'll come to pick you up."

As soon as Zachary left the room, the tension surrounding Bianca's body instantly dissipated. Bianca sighed deeply as she reclined in the bathtub. Her appearance was far from the satisfaction of a new bride.

It didn't take long for Yvonne to enter. Yvonne's face was filled with curiosity. Romantic love stories usually sparked people's curiosity. Yvonne's mouth twisted because she had many questions to ask.

But she couldn't ask in the face of Bianca's expression that seemed filled with thoughts.

It was understandable that Bianca was confused. After all, it was their first night together after nine years of marriage. Yvonne kept her mouth shut and waited for Bianca to bathe without asking anything.

Bianca was not at all unhappy. On the contrary, Bianca was supremely happy now. A sweet and passionate love story with her beloved. Moreover, the person she loves is none other than her husband.

However, she was afraid that the chasm of despair that would fall in the future would be as vast as the size of her current happiness.

Last night, the distance that separated them narrowed in an instant. But her mind continued to spin in the distance.