Ch 104

The sound of crickets could be heard in the royal garden where darkness had fallen.

Unlike the queen's or the princesses' gardens, the public gardens of the royal family were open to all visitors of the castle. However, it was precisely because of the privileged consciousness of the nobles that they didn't see any merit in visiting a place where everyone could go. Hence, it was an unusual phenomenon to have no guests there.

For Bianca, it was good that it was quiet. As she walked, humming to herself, a woman suddenly appeared. She seemed to be around thirty-five years old. Perhaps because she had rushed, her clothes were slightly disheveled, and her face looked somewhat familiar. She briefly bowed to Bianca and disappeared. Bianca sensed a strange smell, but she couldn't quite place it.

Distracted by the woman, Bianca continued on her way. There was a dimly lit section in the middle of the garden. Yvonne stepped forward and bravely stood in front of Bianca.

"It's not very visible and dangerous, so I'll take the lead."

"Yes."

The scent of grass from the tall trees in the garden tickled Bianca's nose. The noise from the banquet hall seemed distant. Yvonne's back trembled slightly as she took a step forward. It was exciting, but the darkness was intimidating. Bianca laughed.

Then, something pulled Bianca forcefully from behind. Startled by the sudden jerk, Bianca tried to scream, but her mouth was blocked. It was the hand of a prominent man! It was then that Bianca realized it was a man who had dragged her.

Who the hell is this...?

Bianca's struggling heel scraped the dirt path, desperately trying not to be dragged. But it was in vain.

---

Hidden among the grass, the secret passage among the nobles was famous for those who had a courtly romance, to avoid the gaze of others and have an affair.

It has become so famous that it is no longer visited by people, but on a day like today, when everyone is focused on the banquet, there was no other place like it.

The couple who escaped from the banquet hall passionately desired each other. The brighter and bigger the flame, the faster the candle will burn. No matter how gloomy it may be, the time for their passionate love story quickly came to an end as it was impossible to ignore the eyes of others.

Entering the restroom and leaving the restroom are different things, so the woman turned her head and adjusted her clothes as if nothing had happened. Despite the woman's cold attitude, the man straightened the woman's clothes, paying no attention. He then smiled sweetly and whispered softly in her ear.

"Viscountess Volne. Even if I visit the estate later, please don't neglect me."

"Oh, how could I? Aren't you the one who won't come after saying that?"

"Is it possible?"

"Then you must come."

The woman was Viscountess Volne, who had remained virtually invisible all day in the banquet hall, and her secret partner was Fernand.

Viscountess Volne, softened by the earlier commotion with Fernand, responded softly. Although she responded straightforwardly because they had an affair, she couldn't help but like this young and handsome troubadour who, unlike her authoritarian husband, flattered her as if she were a pet.

Unaware of what had happened to her family, she kissed Fernand on the cheek and returned to the banquet hall.

As soon as Viscount Volne's wife left, Fernand cursed under his breath.