Ch 99

Zachary's expression hardened from the moment Fernand approached to deliver the rose to Bianca.

Fortunately, thanks to his resolute expression in the first place, his displeasure was not openly revealed.

However, as soon as Bianca threw away the rose she had received, a smile slipped onto Zachary's lips, revealing the truth that he was uncomfortable with Fernand's approach. In the end, it was the couple who couldn't control their facial expressions.

Fernand continued to look at Bianca afterwards. It was evident on his face that Bianca's tossing of the rose was also seen as a rejection or an exaggeration due to Zachary's gaze.

"How the hell can you live in such an illusion? Do you really think that having my husband by my side, I would pay attention to a jester as weak as an anchovy?"

Bianca clicked her tongue.

When she remembered Zachary's solid body embracing her, her face blushed.

Of course, in her previous life, she paid more attention to that weak anchovy than to Zachary, but she also regretted that moment more than anyone else.

Bianca buried her face in the table to avoid looking towards the center of the banquet hall where Fernand was, and stuffed food into her mouth.

Seeing her overeating, Zachary dissuaded her with concern.

"Slow down. Here, fill yourself with more wine."

Zachary manually called the attendant and filled Bianca's wine glass. A nobleman, who was observing them, said admiringly,

"I never imagined that Count Arno would be such a loving husband. He is very kind to the countess."

"That's right. He was very romantic at the tournament too. I never imagined the Count knew such romance."

"Is it because the countess is beautiful? It's understandable that Count Arno kept her hidden on the estate until now."

As if everyone was waiting for someone to open the door, the flow of conversation accelerated when Bianca became the hot topic.

Bianca was the most prominent person at the banquet, but she was not at all happy about the situation. Contrary to her words, she knew that her appearance was not particularly glamorous.

She knows her appearance better than anyone. It was not just because she made her first appearance in the capital that Bianca was overrated. They were just inventing an excuse to give compliments.

Why? To undermine Princess Odelli, no less, out of their desires!

"There must have been a significant age difference when they got married."

"I wouldn't have expected Count Arno to develop this kind of joy."

"Yes, that's right. I think she should take the title of Princess Odelli, who has been called the Rose of Sevran."

It was a pointless conversation. Although they didn't openly discredit Princess Odelli, given that the king clearly cared for her, the intention was clear.

It wasn't even amusing. Obviously, Princess Odelli was much more beautiful than Bianca. Her blonde hair flowed like honey, her blue eyes sparkled beneath her deep-set eyes, and her milky skin was creamy. Even after several decades, the title of Rose of Sevran would not be taken away from Princess Odelli.

But she had no interest in men, she was arrogant and didn't even grant them the slightest glance. There were many people in Sevran who harbored resentment for having courted her and being met with such coldness. Behind them, those who praised Bianca as a younger and more worthy lady than Princess Odelli, hid the not-so-amusing and discreet intentions of men who could approach Princess Odelli if her reputation deteriorated.