Ch.91

Bianca got lost in her thoughts but belatedly regained her senses. Bianca's and Sauveur's eyes met.

Sauveur's eyes looked at Bianca without wavering.

There must be a reason why he, a subordinate, dared to tell a story that would be offensive to her heart.

Why the hell did Sauveur say that?

However, unable to ask, Bianca's lips remained closed.

In the face of Bianca's silence, Sauveur chuckled under his breath.

A lot has really changed. At this time last year, Sauveur himself would never have dreamed that he could tell Bianca such a brazen story. Not because of the subject of conversation, but because of the fact of having a conversation with her in the first place.

It wasn't because he was afraid of the young lady's atrocities. It was because he thought it was pointless.

The prejudice that Bianca won't be able to communicate, the misconception that Zachary only feels responsibility towards Bianca...

"I like madam. That's why I regret telling that to the Count in the past. If I had known that madam was such a person, I would never have said anything about a mistress... That doesn't mean I'm asking for your forgiveness. If madam wants to punish me, she can do so."

Sauveur knew that Bianca would not like his words.

How can I welcome a subordinate who openly requested her husband to get a mistress?

Knowing that the relationship that had been good until now could be ruined, he dared to mention it due to an indescribable guilt and the concern that Bianca might have misinterpreted Zachary.

On the surface, Bianca and Zachary seemed to be a good couple, exchanging roses and handkerchiefs at the tournament. But in reality, they were a couple who hadn't even consummated their marriage and could break apart at any moment if they wanted to. However, the marriage remained because the political unity of the two families was necessary.

Regardless of politics, Sauveur was very aware of the precariousness of such a relationship.

Furthermore, Bianca openly requested a successor, and Zachary refused, saying that Bianca was young. He thought he might change his mind when they reached the capital, but upon closer observation, it seemed far from happening.

They always floated at a certain distance.

Meanwhile, many men approached Bianca. For example, the Second Prince Jacob.

It was fortunate that Bianca had no interest in Jacob, but that didn't guarantee that she wouldn't fall in love with another man. At that point, it was clear how precarious this marriage would be.

If Bianca fell in love with another man, Zachary would tremble without being able to say a word.

Zachary loved Bianca more than expected. If it were just a sense of responsibility, there would be no reason for the Count to blink to control Jacob or others.

But what's the point of blinking at other men? He has to reassure Bianca. To the wife he loves, saying that he feels worried because she's too young... No wonder Bianca misinterpreted that Zachary had a mistress.

But who could tell such a story? The silent Gaspard? Yvonne, who argues that everything her lady says is correct? Zachary himself? Robert didn't even need to be taken into consideration.

In the end, it was something that only Sauveur himself could do, even if he was cursed.

But the opportunity never came. He thought about when or how he should bring it up, and finally, the day arrived.