Ch 124

Zachary knew Bianca's anxiety. But it would be even more disturbing to know what he said to Gaspard.

Zachary lowered his voice and asked Gaspard.

"Gaspard, you must protect Bianca in the territory."

"However... Will she be alright?"

Thinking about Zachary's recent decision, Gaspard had guessed it would be the same. However, he couldn't hide his concerns.

As capable as Zachary was, leaving Gaspard, one of the three commanders, was like going to war without a hand. Additionally, Aragon's offensive was more intense than usual, so participating in the war without showcasing his usual abilities was a risky decision in many ways.

But Zachary nodded without hesitation.

"This is unusual. I don't know what will happen."

Gaspard remained silent and lost in his thoughts. Then, his eyes widened as if he had suddenly remembered something.

Gaspard asked in a low voice, struggling to suppress the voice that was about to shout.

"Perhaps... Do you think something could happen to the territory?"

"........."

Zachary responded by nodding his head. That alone was enough of an answer. Gaspard and Zachary exchanged concerned looks. Zachary grabbed Gaspard's arm and whispered softly.

"Take good care of the territory and Bianca."

"Don't worry. I'll protect them with my life."

Gaspard nodded with determination. Zachary patted Gaspard's back.

Gaspard was the only person he could entrust Bianca to now.

After talking with Gaspard, Zachary returned to Bianca. Bianca, who had been waiting for Zachary, stood in the same spot as before, appearing determined at first glance, but her hands clutching her skirt and her pale face showed her impatience.

"Bianca?"

When Zachary asked anxiously, Bianca's body slowly turned towards him. Bianca's face was so white that it seemed like she was about to faint.

In fact, Bianca was so dizzy that she couldn't regain her senses.

She should have guessed it from the moment Gautier died. Because Jacob wouldn't have killed Gautier without reason. Maybe it was to provoke Aragon, who hesitated out of fear of the Paladins. If he kills Gautier, it could seem like Sevran will fall into Jacob's hands at any moment... Gautier's death was only to provoke Aragon.

Then she was able to piece together the puzzle more or less. But she realized it too late. If she had known this beforehand, she would have told him to kill Jacob first anyway, without needing to look for anyone else...

For her, who was nervous about the responsibility of having to solve everything, the news brought by Zachary overwhelmed her with a feeling of indebtedness.

If only she had acted a little wiser. If only she had made a bold decision...

Exhaling, she felt at risk as if her mental rope was about to come undone at any moment.

As expected, Bianca's mind reached its limit. After enduring extreme mental fatigue in the past few days, she felt as if the thread had snapped and she fell to the ground at the same time.

As soon as Zachary saw Bianca fall, he called her name.

"Bianca!"

Fortunately, Zachary was able to securely hold her before Bianca collapsed to the ground. Bianca, in Zachary's arms, had already fainted.