Ch 115

"Don't worry too much. This is the church where God's eyes are upon us. The person in front of you is a believer, and I am a servant of God, so to ease your mind, you can think of us as if we were in a confession room."

When the archbishop said that, Gaspard couldn't raise his voice any further. No matter how strict Zachary's orders were, this place was a church, and his opponent was the archbishop.

And above all, Bianca didn't seem willing to change her mind. Gaspard, unable to do either one or the other, hesitated in panic. Francis made a generous offer to Gaspard.

"If you are truly worried, how about standing by the door? You won't be able to hear the conversation there, but if something happens, you will be able to notice."

Francis's suggestion was the best. Gaspard, who had no choice but to accept the offer, nodded. Gaspard and the other companions left the archbishop's office, and Yvonne bid farewell to Bianca, looking at her anxiously.

After John left the room and closed the door, only Bianca and Francis were left in the office.

Even if there were circumstances, treating an archbishop as a rogue was unacceptable. Bianca immediately bowed her head and apologized.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult the archbishop. However, recently, there was a fight with unpleasant people..."

"Loyalty is supposed to be something difficult. Loyalty to the religion is also loyalty to God after all, so I fully understand the knight's mindset."

Francis shook his head as if nothing had happened. Francis's refusal to say much about this made Bianca look at him again. It was so easy to catch him with the candle that she underestimated him a little... However, he was not the type of opponent she could catch.

Francis looked directly at Bianca, twirling his mustache with his hand. His gray-blue eyes seemed to be staring into the abyss rather than at Bianca.

"All right, believer. Now tell me. What are you curious about?"

Bianca swallowed. The tips of her fingers were cold and tingling with tension. She secretly gripped her skirt, but that alone didn't easily calm her heart.

Her trembling lungs caused her pain in her chest, and even her voice trembled. Bianca cautiously opened her mouth.

"Are there any recorded cases of regression among miracles?"

"You said regression?"

"Yes. Recorded cases of regression as a miracle from God, and why regression occurs... What is the cause of that happening? I am curious about those things."

Her voice trembled slightly, but she released her questions without stuttering. The mere fact that she asked this question would be suspicious. It is not something that common people would be curious about.

There weren't many excuses for it. She could say it's something that has interested her recently... Of course, it's a dubious excuse, but what would she do if the archbishop insisted until the end?

For Bianca, even if she was suspicious, even if he gave her a precious candle, it was necessary to bring up the matter of regression. To not hesitate in her future actions, to have confidence, to move forward without being shaken...

"Mmm..."

In response to Bianca's question, Francis let out a groan. As his silence grew longer, his words reverberated more.

The beating of Bianca's heart resonated in her ears. Meanwhile, Francis's roaring voice resonated in the office like a dull butcher's knife, cutting through the heavy silence.