Ch 78

That day, earlier than usual, Zachary burst into her room.

Bianca, who had been resting in her chair, tried to stand up at the unexpected visit, but Zachary stopped her with his hand. Bianca, who had exhausted all her energy on the brief outing, sat down willingly.

His expression was the same as always.

Because it was difficult to judge his mood by his expression, Bianca also started looking around. The tone of his voice. The length of his stride. Small things like how close he gets to Bianca. Gathering that information, she could get a rough idea of how he felt.

Slightly trembling eyes. Exceptionally large stride. A closed mouth trying to say something. Zachary seemed a little nervous and embarrassed.

Bianca slowly scratched the fiber of the fabric on the wooden handle of the chair with the tip of her nail, trying to deduce why he would be like this.

But Bianca's curiosity didn't last long. Because the reason came out of Zachary's own mouth.

"Is it true that you met the maid?"

Gaspard. She thought he was a man with a heavy mouth, but he seemed lighter than anyone. She wondered where he had gone in the meantime, but apparently he went to inform Zachary. Not only is his mouth light, but his behind* is as well. Bianca chuckled a bit and clicked her tongue.

If it hadn't been for Zachary's voice, which asked again if it was true that she had met Ante, sounding urgent and anxious, Bianca wouldn't have believed that Zachary had visited her just for that. Because it wasn't something worth it.

Both Zachary and Yvonne were making a strange fuss, but in fact, Bianca didn't really understand why they were doing it. Bianca nodded slowly.

As soon as she did, Zachary quickly examined Bianca's complexion. He suddenly grabbed Bianca's hand and even checked her palm.

What? Does he think I couldn't control my temper and slapped his cheek? Bianca's cheeks twitched. But Zachary didn't notice and kept observing Bianca. Only after confirming that she wasn't injured anywhere did he let out a sigh of relief.

"Well, Gaspard was with you, so it wouldn't be a big deal."

"That's right. Sir Gaspard was with me, so what could have happened?"

Bianca chuckled and blinked at Yvonne by her side. Yvonne brought the chair closer to her side and positioned it in a good position for Zachary to sit. It wasn't until Zachary sat in the chair that the eyes of the two people, who were disproportionately close, met.

If she were the Bianca from the past, she might have suspected that Zachary had hidden that woman. In front of Bianca, he tried to pretend to be cool, and then sent the maid to a nobleman he knew and continued their relationship in secret, a truly delusional illusion.

However, considering Zachary's personality, which she had been observing for six months since his return, he didn't seem to be that kind of person.

It was funny that rumors circulated about the existence of a mistress. If he had been a man who could act so cunningly, he would have been sweeter or more cruel to her. There would be no need to worry about every little thing that isn't necessary.

That being said, it's not that I believe Zachary has feelings for her as Yvonne mentioned. It's just that... Zachary was sincere.

So maybe he's trying to treat her, his only wife, with respect. Maybe it's out of respect for the alliance with the Blanchefort family that weighs on his shoulders....