Ch 103

"Oh, Viscount Volne. Are you returning to your territory?" Jacob's natural words, which revealed his internal turmoil, made him choke, but he couldn't reveal his uncomfortable feelings. Viscount Volne tried not to offend Jacob, desperately clinging to him.

"Your Highness, please save me."

"Haha. If someone hears that, they'll think His Majesty has kicked you out. It's not a big deal."

Jacob said it wasn't a big deal, but both Jacob and Viscount Volne knew the truth.

Jacob waved his hand slightly as if brushing off something annoying.

In his demeanor lighter than paper, it was evident that Jacob was mocking Viscount Volne, but there was no time for Viscount Volne to feel humiliated by it. Because he really only had Jacob left.

"But if Your Highness forgets about me, I won't be able to move around the kingdom for the rest of my life. If you let go of your indifference, I will do my best to dedicate myself to the second prince so that I can ascend to the noblest position in all of the Sevran Kingdom."

Viscount Volne looked at Jacob with a subservient gaze. If he flatters him, Jacob won't be able to treat him with coldness either. But Jacob added with a laugh.

"Fine. What can someone who was pushed by a woman do for me without being able to offer a single word of excuse?"

Viscount Volne's cheeks trembled with shame at Jacob's openly mocking attitude. Even Viscount Volne knew that his family's powers did little to help Jacob become king. But would he have come to Jacob without any belief? Viscount Volne, who had some beliefs, struggled to persuade Jacob with a smile.

"My daughter will now be the maid of Princess Odelli. Princess Odelli is a blood relative of the first prince, so she will be able to gather a lot of useful information. My daughter will also be happy to search for information for Your Highness."

"Fine, fine. Viscount Volne. I understand your sincerity, but I don't think it will be of much help to my future."

Jacob was sarcastic. His eyes seemed so determined that Viscount Volne became a mute person eating honey.

"And if I spend time with you, I don't think Bianca will like it."

After saying that, Jacob turned around and left. The cold air flowed from beneath Jacob's cloak as he departed. Viscount Volne was stunned by the coldness that seemed to never look back at him.

Bianca? After pondering for a while, he realized that Bianca was the name of the Countess of Arno. But why the hell did her name come up here? Are Jacob and the Countess Arno really involved in something? If so, he has come to the wrong place. It's not Jacob he needs to go after...

"Viscount Volne."

"Eeek!"

Startled by the sudden sound calling him from behind, Viscount Volne quickly turned around.

There was a man dressed in black, observing him. It was Zachary.

He was still a tall man with broad shoulders, but he was even more threatening as he wore a black fur cape.

Seeing the cold black eyes shining beneath his silver hair, Viscount Volne swallowed. It was Zachary whom Viscount Volne was supposed to seek. Jacob and Zachary, strangely enough, he encountered the people he wanted to see today. Is this auspicious or unfortunate...?

While Viscount Volne organized his complicated thoughts, Zachary opened his mouth.

"I'm sorry about what happened today."