Ch 122

The atmosphere darkened. It was dark in front of them because they couldn't see in the right direction. At that moment, Sauveur clapped loudly and raised his voice.

"For now, let's focus on safely celebrating the Day of the Saints. If the atmosphere around us becomes brighter and more harmonious, wouldn't the anger of the two be relieved? Well, for now, there is no other way."

"Hopefully that's the case..."

Vincent murmured helplessly. Despite there being so many people, they couldn't find a significant solution.

But, as Sauveur said, there was no other way. Still, at the order of Zachary, they had prepared for a grand Day of the Saints comparable to the harvest festival of the capital, but it seemed that what they had prepared was not enough.

"We will help with all our hearts."

"I will keep checking how she feels."

Yvonne and the three commanders agreed. The dispute between Count Arno and his wife went beyond a couple's fight and became a territorial issue. Since it was not the time to step aside, everyone actively stepped forward.

Robert, who usually keeps his distance, saying that the Count will take care of these things, Yvonne, who clashes strangely against the wall when it comes to things related to Bianca, and Sauveur, who always pretends not to know anything, joined Vincent, causing the corners of their eyes to fill with tears.

There was no clear solution, but he was motivated by everyone's cooperation instead of having to fight alone. Alright, let's do this.

Vincent's eyes shone with determination.

----

Time passed day by day, and soon the Day of the Saints arrived. The splendor of this year's Day of the Saints could be guessed just by looking at the preparations, so the entire territory was filled with anticipation.

On the eve of the Day of the Saints, a large bonfire was lit to commemorate the souls of the dead and ward off demons. Despite staying up late due to the preparations, the people of the territory flocked to the castle early in the morning of the Day of the Saints, perhaps due to their anticipation for the celebration.

The splendor of the celebration, prepared on an unprecedented scale, was unparalleled. Arno family-decorated flags fluttered here and there, and in a corner, the jesters showcased their talents for today's banquet. The tables lined up in the square were so long that everyone seemed to be able to eat together.

Originally, banquets to welcome the nobles were held inside the castle, but since the Day of All Saints is a feast with the local residents, a place was prepared in an open field.

The butchers had been sacrificing fat pigs throughout the autumn for the day of the celebration. The delicious parts of the meat were taken to the cooking room, while the rest went to the place where sausages were made. The transition from autumn to winter was the perfect time to dry the sausages as there were no flies.

The dishes prepared by the chefs of Arno Castle were handed over to the servants one by one. Just thinking about what dish might be hidden under the round lid covering each large tray made their mouths water.

When the preparations for the banquet were almost complete, the count and his wife arrived at the banquet hall.

When the trumpeter announced the appearance of the count couple, the servants, who had been noisy, bowed deeply and welcomed the count couple.

Zachary's cape fluttered behind his back as he walked proudly. Even just by walking, one could feel the intimidation of a war hero.

Even the vassals who are always by his side are sometimes overwhelmed by the sense of intimidation, so how would the people of the territory react?