Ch.23

Nine years. Now this year will be ten years. They say that rivers and mountains change in ten years, and between the two, many things have happened.

When Bianca first arrived at Arno Castle, even during the past three years, Zachary used to visit Bianca attentively. However, he also grew tired of Bianca's refusal and coldness, and in the end, it became a cold relationship where he didn't even enter Bianca's room.

The three commanders and Vincent observed the whole process. How the couple's relationship crumbled and how Zachary was treated by Bianca.

Even when Zachary returned from war, he never came to visit, and when she and Zachary ate together, she made a disgusted face. Regardless of whether the person sitting next to her lost their appetite or not, she cut the meat without opening her mouth. She believed in the power of her parents' family and seemed to insult her husband, making her a woman that no one would ever want to receive as a wife.

They don't know if it's because he was a Baron at the time of the marriage, but Zachary is now called a Count, a war hero, and the sharp spear, shield, and iron-blooded knight of the Emperor. Divorcing her was not reasonable given the political advantage of the Blanchefort family, but it was very possible to set limits on her life.

It can be argued that the Blanchefort family is neglecting their family, but they will not react more than enough considering the political advantage. Furthermore, the cause lies in their daughter's behavior.

But Zachary left her alone. Instead of depriving her of financial discretion, he gave her orders to generally grant her whatever she wanted.

All the things between Zachary and Bianca, from left to right, were full of mysteries. Bianca's original personality is already something to think about, but they don't know what is happening to their lord, Zachary.

Thinking of taking Bianca to the capital, it made it almost impossible for them to retain their breakfast.

Robert barely smiled and implicitly asked Zachary's intentions.

"Count, if I may ask, why all of a sudden..."

"Because I can't leave her alone in the castle forever. If we go to the capital this time, won't she have to be alone for another half a year?"

......

He didn't say it. But he believes that the lady would prefer not to meet him. Robert murmured in his mind. Of course, he couldn't say it out loud.

After Robert closed his mouth, it was Sauveur's turn. Sauveur asked stutteringly.

"U-um... Did the lady say she doesn't want to be alone?"

"I didn't say that."

I suppose so. Of course...
The words he couldn't pronounce resonated in his mouth. Zachary continued speaking without considering the feelings of his subordinates.

"The day I returned, she came."

"Yes, yes. That's right."

"I wondered what was going on, but she made a ridiculous proposal."

"What proposal...?"

......

This time, it was Zachary who closed his mouth. Seeing Zachary looking at the corner of the desk with his mouth shut, it was obvious that it was a proposal he didn't want to talk about. What was the proposal? While Robert and Sauveur turned their heads and let their imagination run wild, Vincent, who had been silently listening to the story, coughed and intervened.

"The lady definitely said, 'the most important thing for the Arno family.'"

The most important thing for the Arno family. That's what Bianca mentioned... Obviously, it was something so important that she had to propose it directly to Zachary. As soon as an idea struck him, Sauveur asked immediately.