Ch.87

When Jacob turned his horse out of the arena, his eyes met Zachary's. Jacob's helmet visor was open, so Zachary could read the emotion on Jacob's face.

A sense of euphoria, a feeling of superiority, and a provocation that said, "Stop me if you can."

He shrugged, smirked, and walked away from Zachary.

Zachary silently watched his disappearing back. Unlike when Bianca returned to the stands, his gaze was filled with hostility and anger.

But Jacob wasn't the only one. When Jacob disappeared, what Zachary saw when he turned his gaze toward Bianca was a jester fluttering around her.

Zachary's face inside the helmet wrinkled beyond words.

"What else is this?"

Such a shiny appearance. The man who looked at Bianca had clear intentions.

The man who made exaggerated gestures toward his wife as if courting a female bird couldn't be seen as something pleasant.

To be honest, it wasn't strange for his eyes to burn. Just before that, Jacob had thrown huge embers into Zachary's heart.

It's not that Zachary misunderstood Bianca's relationship with men.

As her husband, it seemed like a flaw if he said it with his own mouth, but to be honest, Bianca wasn't good at hiding her expressions.

Especially when it comes to likes and dislikes. He has experienced it himself, so he knows it better than anyone.

If she doesn't like her opponent, Bianca will have a hard time pretending.

It was evident on her face that she felt uncomfortable with the men she had encountered.

But that didn't mean that the buzzing flies fluttering around her didn't bother Zachary.

Even the number of buzzing flies was increasing by one or two!

The buzzing flies in front of him right now were annoying, but what really irritated Zachary was the distant future.

Right now, Bianca may not be interested in men and may resist them, but you never know when that will change. In the future, if Bianca wants to date another man with whom she can have a conversation, someone who resembles her more than her forced husband...

Zachary felt a choking sensation in his throat and deliberately stopped thinking. The confidence that enveloped him when he received Bianca's handkerchief vanished in an instant, as if it were a burst bubble.

"Thank you all for waiting. Finally, the last match of the tournament! Introducing the hero of Sevran, the Count Blood of Iron, the Wolf of the battlefield, Count Zachary of Arno!"

The spokesperson, who had no way of knowing whether Zachary was feeling down or not, announced Zachary loudly. The crowd held their breath and focused on him.

He was exposed to the gaze of the public at a time when emotional ups and downs fluctuated for a short period of time. Despite the stiffness of the armor surrounding him from all sides, Zachary felt like a jester.

In the countless gazes that filled the sky like a rain of arrows, Bianca's direct gaze fell on Zachary like a flaming arrow, like a messenger of a god delivering a celestial revelation.

Bianca looked at him pitifully, as if begging him to rescue her from the man by her side...

Zachary's heart swelled terribly. He wanted to run towards Bianca after knocking the opponent in front of him to the ground immediately, but he struggled to maintain composure and catch his breath.