Ch.66

"This is where we will be staying."

Zachary accompanied Bianca to her room.

The king assigned the tower to the nobles who came to the castle. The number of floors in the tower and the grandeur of the residences were determined by the status and power of the nobility. As Zachary was making a name for himself as a war hero, Arno was able to secure a fairly good room.

Round-arched windows lined both sides of the fireplace, and not far from the fireplace was a bed. There was a cushion on the chest, and a chair was placed in front of the fireplace. A tapestry hung on the wall, and there were even sculptures adorning the fireplace.

Bianca's mood improved as the room she had to stay in for the next few months was beautiful.

While Bianca and Zachary visited the king, the servants had moved the chests and family belongings.

"I see familiar objects, so it seems like we are in our castle."

Bianca smiled slightly at the comfort of familiarity. She approached the window and looked out at the view. Unlike the view of Arno's estate, the landscape was unfamiliar to her.

Although she briefly regretted coming to the capital because of the matter with Jacob, Bianca's face lit up because she was pleased with the room.

"Our castle... I'm glad you feel the same way."

Zachary murmured as if in internal dialogue. Unaware of Zachary's subtle tone mixed with hesitation, Bianca looked around the room. She was like a butterfly fluttering among flowers.

"It was good to follow you to the capital."

"I'm glad for that too."

Just looking at Bianca's happy expression made Zachary's heart beat faster. It was frustrating that he could only respond in that way.

At that moment, Bianca turned her head and looked at Zachary. Her deep gaze traveled up and down Zachary's figure.

Zachary's face hardened as he saw Bianca suddenly observing him. Beneath his expressionless face, there was a shy man who feared he might have said something that could offend Bianca.

It felt like an eternity to Zachary, but in reality, it was short enough for Bianca to take a glance at Zachary.

Bianca, who had made Zachary anxious, casually spoke as if nothing had happened.

"I guess I'm glad I left your clothes behind."

"Why?"

"Because we're in the capital city, I dressed you in the most splendid attire you had. If you had worn the same clothes you used to wear, you might have been looked down upon."

Seeing Zachary's face that seemed clueless, Bianca smiled.

The clothes Zachary is wearing now are the best clothes he has. It looks a bit rough because it's all black, but if you look closely, the delicate pattern of the fabric is luxurious.

But it was nothing compared to the clothes worn by Prince Gautier or Prince Jacob.

They used an abundance of expensive and precious fabrics in red or purple, and the buttons to fasten their clothes were all made of gold and gemstones. Unlike Zachary, who wore sturdier cowhide boots, their shoes were made of soft lambskin.

Zachary furrowed his brow, and his silver-gray hair fluttered over his eyebrows. He still didn't seem to know what was wrong with his attire.

"I've been dressing like this all this time, and I've never been looked down upon."