Ch 125

Above all, the word divorce struck Zachary.

Zachary, furious at the mention of divorce, pushed Bianca away from his chest and looked into her eyes. There was anger in his dark eyes.

"Don't speak of divorce so easily, Bianca!"

"You wrote it in your will first!"

Bianca responded. Seeing him act so sensitively now, it seemed that he didn't like the choice of the word divorce. But who wrote it in his will?!

The unresolved issues that had been overshadowed by Gautier's death emerged like a thorn in the eye.

Zachary's hands tightly grasped Bianca. Desperate, as if he wouldn't let her go.

He was highly agitated, the veins on his thick, long neck bulging. His eyes seemed clouded with obsession.

"The only way you can leave me is when I die!"

"Don't say you're going to die!"

Both raised their voices. Bianca didn't move. Her impulse to respond to Zachary burned like a violent flame.

After yelling vigorously at each other, silence fell. Zachary and Bianca gasped for a moment, holding their breath and collecting their thoughts. At this rate, it seemed like they would only end up arguing with each other, raising their voices as high as they could. They didn't have much time.

It was Bianca who spoke first. She pitied herself.

"I didn't even want you to know that such a future exists. Surely you will despise me when you know the future. So I hid it from you. I had no choice but to hide it. I still don't want to tell you..."

Zachary also admitted that he had become too agitated. Calmer now, he comforted Bianca with tenderness and determination.

"... I could never despise you. It was also inevitable to hide it, so I understand. The dream you had is just a dream. It's just a dream from God. No husband despises his wife because of a dream. It's impossible. Don't be too extreme, Bianca."

Even from Zachary's perspective, Bianca had been pushed mentally to the limit. That was probably why she fainted. Zachary decided that there would be nothing good in continuing the topic, so he tried to appease Bianca, but she didn't back down easily.

"You are needlessly killed in the war. God chose me as a Saint to show me the future, so I can prevent your death. You can't die. If I ask, the paladins will be delighted to join. So please..."

Bianca's cheeks were stained with tears. Her voice trembled, and her eyes burned. If she hadn't been sitting on the bed, she was desperate enough to kneel before Zachary immediately.

Zachary stared at Bianca in the face of the proud woman's desperate plea.

The identity of everything that had remained a mystery was revealed. The missing pieces fell into place.

Why did he suddenly mention his successor, why did he meet with the Archbishop, and why is he so reluctant to participate in the war...?

Zachary had to give Bianca an answer. But his lips didn't part easily. He didn't know what to tell her, someone who wanted to prevent his death.

Unfortunately for Bianca, in this situation, what Zachary was feeling was a clear sense of happiness.

Zachary would have been happy if Bianca didn't want him to die.

However, as Bianca was desperately trying to avoid his death, he felt that his existence was too great for her.

Bianca looked at him in such a sadly tragic and charming way. As much as he wanted to grant her request...