Ch.26

Her head throbbed after being out since morning. It had been a long time since she had been alone in her own world, and Bianca's resistance crumbled at the mere fact of mingling with other people. Especially if the other person is someone who makes her behave differently than she is.

Although she had no intention of flirting with Zachary, Bianca wanted to establish a friendly relationship with him as much as possible. And she was very aware that for that friendly relationship to be established, she had to suppress her personality a little. Bianca did her best not to be sarcastic about the surveillance or anything else.

Furthermore, she wasn't alone with Zachary. Didn't it happen while her subordinates were watching? The fact that his wife embarrassed him while the vassals watched was something that could anger even Zachary. So Bianca tried not to say anything unnecessary and quickly left, choosing Gaspard as her escort, like a roasted bean struck by lightning*.

It was only after she left the hallway that she could breathe a little. Bianca moved as if shaking her dizzy head.

While Yvonne followed Bianca, she quickly noticed that Bianca's complexion was not good. Yvonne asked cautiously.

"Madam, are you alright?"

"Yes. If I take a little fresh air, I'll be fine."

Bianca gracefully shook her head and brought her hand to her forehead. Yvonne, reading the tiredness around her eyes, quickly added.

"It's cold outside. I'll bring gloves, a coat, and a heater. Please wait a moment."

"Then, I'll wait."

She wasn't prepared to go out and left in a fit of anger, so her clothing was a bit thin. Bianca got goosebumps. Bianca, who was pleased with Yvonne's clever suggestion, gladly accepted.

Yvonne hurried to the bedroom where Bianca's clothes were, not to the reception room where Zachary and the other commanders were.

Bianca, who was left alone, hugged both elbows as if embracing herself. The wide sleeves exclusive to the dress partially covered the coldness of her fingertips.

The dress had a slightly outdated feel compared to the fashion in the capital, but what Bianca wore had a vintage elegance rather than a rustic feel, as it was of high class. The collar, rising up to the bottom of her ears, wrapped around her long, slender neck like that of a white deer. And the fabric of the dress was carefully draped around her slim body. The hem was adorned with fur, and from the neck to the chest, it was adorned with jewels and embroidery, with a delicately carved gold belt hanging over her pelvis.

Just as Bianca was waiting for Yvonne, the footsteps of a man could be heard from behind. It was Gaspard.

"......"

Bianca looked at him but remained silent. Gaspard also stood behind her, as if expecting such treatment.

A strange silence followed in the hallway. In an instant, a cold wind blew through a crack in the wall and wrapped around the hem of Bianca's skirt.

Gaspard was as silent as one would expect. There wasn't even a slight movement, which made it even more unnerving. Tight lips and a firm jaw. Tall in stature. The dark gray hair that resembled dark clouds and the indigo blue eyes that resembled the night sky gave him a sense of heaviness.

He was by no means a cheerful man.
He wasn't even small enough to look at once and ignore. As Bianca originally thought, it was difficult to pretend not to see him. Bianca looked out the window, hoping for Yvonne to return quickly. But it would take a long time to bring the heater.