Ch.77

"That's ridiculous! How could she do that with an escort?"

"Well, it's just my assumption. Or maybe she's having a secret meeting with her escort... he seemed quite dignified."

Celine recalled the massive escort that followed Bianca. She couldn't even remember how big he was or what his face looked like. But she remembered how the outline of his pants looked. It was the perfect size for a secret meeting.

As Celine gestured, the face of Baroness Gildard, with her ash-blonde hair, turned red. Not because she was shy, but because she was too excited about the provocative story. She fervently defended Bianca, but everyone knew she was just pretending.

"If Count Arno finds out, it will be a disaster!"

"But this is the capital. Even a bored young woman like her could dream of romance."

The blonde aristocratic women made a fuss. They weren't really interested in knowing whether Bianca was seeking a secret lover or having an affair with her escort. Right now, in any case, it was important to crush Bianca and elevate their own self-esteem. Catherine was terrified, unable to join or leave this conversation.

"...I, ladies."

At that moment, one of the maids cautiously interrupted them.

It was Catherine's maid, with hair even more beautiful than the three noble ladies who claimed to be blonde. The jealous noblewomen glared at her. Baroness Gildard pointed her finger at the maid, deeply indignant.

"Why are you interrupting? Do you know that your arrogance is tarnishing the honor of Countess Davoville?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be arrogant. However, I know a story that might be of your interest..."

The maid bowed her waist. Each time she did that, the blonde hair hanging on the side of her ears would flutter down and shimmer in the sunlight. Not only was her hair beautiful, but her face was quite pretty as well. The appearance of the maid sent a chill down their spines, but they were curious about what she knew.

The maid was a young girl brought by Catherine. It was customary for the maid not to speak unless the owner, Catherine, allowed it. The eager eyes of the noble blondes were fixed on Catherine. If Catherine didn't allow it, they would insist until she did. Catherine sighed. She didn't have the energy to dissuade them.

"Fine. Speak."

The moment Catherine gave permission in a tone of helplessness, a strange smile appeared on the lips of the blonde women, as if they were trying to hide their joy. It was a smile full of pretense and hypocrisy, trying to cover up their inner filth.

---

When Yvonne encountered the noblewomen in the garden, she felt delighted inside. She had the expectation that Bianca could dispel the rumors by meeting with them.

But things started to get weirder. Bianca's reaction was sharp, feeling disgusted with the young women who were explicitly probing her. Yvonne also knew that the best thing Bianca could do was to offer them the least courtesy.

"But will it really be okay? What if they get offended by Madam's attitude and spread false rumors...?"

Yvonne looked at the noblewomen with concern. Meanwhile, she spotted a familiar figure among the maids behind the noblewomen. Yvonne, realizing who it was, widened her eyes.

"Why is Ante here...?"

After Ante was expelled from Arno's property, no one knew where she went. Perhaps she returned to her hometown, or maybe she went to the house of a nobleman who used to flirt with her. The maids proposed many hypotheses, but nothing was certain.