Hospitals

Waking up in an ambulance, the sirens are giving me a headache and the pain in my abdomen area escalates. Groaning in pain, a paramedic assures me everything is going to be ok.

Visitor hour has started at the clinic, and Sera is waiting at a table to see me. She's excited to tell me of her plans for the wedding but worried that I am yet to join her.

"Sera" a nurse asks, making Sera turn.

"Yes, where is she?" Sera asks

"We've just had to rush her to the nearest hospital, there was something wrong and we don't know what"

"Is she going to be okay?" Sera asks, panicking. Maybe she shouldn't have done this to her friend

"We believe so, although we think it'll be in the best interests for her to finish the program at the hospital. We've done all we can here"

"Okay. What hospital is she going to?"

"Chicago State, ma'am"

"Thank you" she finishes, grabbing her things and leaving.

Phil is waiting at the reception area for her. "Finished so soon" he states

"No, she's not here" she replies, storms through the doors

He follows. "She escaped?"

"Not really, no. She just been transferred"

"To where?"

"Chicago State"

"The hospital?"

"Yes" she exhales as they reach the car, and she struggles with the keys

"Oh" Phil says in shock

Arriving at the large hospital and put straight into ER. Doctors in green coloured scrubs stand around me as I groan and squirm in pain. A mask is put onto my face, covering my nose and mouth. I feel numb as I pass out once again. As my eyes close, I see on the doctors grabbing a scalpel knife. Oh this is going to be fun.

I awake many hours later, that gas was really good stuff in keeping me out. Feeling bruised and empty, my belly is swollen, blown up like a balloon. It aches and stings to the touch. What happened to me? Briefly looking around, I realise I'm in hospital and I don't see anyone. I begin to shake unintentionally. What has happened? Why am I alone? As I try to sit up, the pain increases again, then a sneeze from pollen filled flowers on the bedside table.

"Ow, fuck" I scream in pain

Sera, Phil, a doctor and nurse, closely followed by Adam rush into the room at the sound. How'd these people know I was here, well all except the doctor and nurse? They look somewhat relieved and I'm confused. I see Joe is slouched on a chair at my bedside, eyes closed with his head resting in his hand.

"Oh Zoe" Sera says, giving me a quick but tight hug.

I groan loudly in pain giving her a shy smile as she lets go.

"I came to see you and they told me you had been rushed here" she says, panic in her voice.

I still don't know what happened to me or why they are all here. "Oh" I sigh.

Joe wakes up slightly. "Oh, she's finally awake" he says, rubbing his eyes.

"Can someone tell me what all the fuss is all about?" I ask

"Of course. Why don't we get a coffee from the cafeteria so she can be filled in on the details?" Adam suggests to the others. He, Phil, Sera and Joe all leave the room.