Positive

'Good morning my beautiful fiancé xx' read the text that popped up on my phone as I'm walking into the office elevator.

'Fiancé. Will need to get used to that all over again. Good morning MY handsome fiancé xx' I texted back, smiling from ear to ear.

"Good morning Miss Barnes, you seem very happy today. Did you enjoy your weekend?" Lisa asks as I enter our side of the office

"Good morning. Yes, it was a lovely weekend, thanks for asking."

"And the wedding? Was it beautiful?"

"Very, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could top that" I answer with joy

She blushes.

I start my computer up and stare at the large amount of paperwork and files that have been stacked on my desk.

"Sorry about all of that, I was going to sort it before you came in. And I tried to get people to stop bringing it all to your desk"

"I don't mind, I used to chaos. I like chaos in my life. Are we on for lunch today?"

"Like we are every Monday, Miss Barnes"

"Excellent" I finish and stare at the nearly 3000 emails that just downloaded in my updated inbox. "Yay" I mutter and start scrolling through

Lisa enters with a mug of freshly brewed tea.

"You read my mind"

"I thought you might need some sort of pick-me-up while you go through the emails. Is that a ring on your finger, Miss Barnes?"

I'm smiling again. "Yep!"

"Oh, you must tell me all about it at lunch"

"You know I will" I say and me phone starts ringing. "Ugh. Why first thing in a Monday morning?"

"Did you want me to get it?" Lisa asks, starting to reach for the phone.

"No, it's Rebecca, I've got this one"

"Ok, let me know if you need me" Lisa exclaims, walking out of my office and silently closing the door.

"Rebecca, hi. Long time, no talk" I answer

"Zoe, you're in today, excellent, hi"

"Well I did tell you I was going to be out of the office for a few days last week for a wedding I had to attend up in Chicago"

"Oh yes, I remember now. How was it?"

"Excellent, everything went smoothly, surprisingly"

"Wow, that's good to hear"

"Hmm, yes. So why did you call?"

"Well, I wanted to talk to you about the Christmas event. And I still haven't been able to find someone for your team"

"Great" I sigh.

"Have you been in contract with Helen?"

"I've CCed you into all the emails I've sent to the HR team, so yes I have been in contact with Helen but nothing has come up"

"You could always look for a new assistant and promote Lisa into doing client management"

"No, no. It's hard to find someone that good to be an assistant, and she's more than that to me, you know that"

"It was just a suggestion"

"Well, no. I much rather have one less case manager"

"Just think about it, okay. She might want to do that."