The L Word Is Out Again

At 4 in the morning, his phone goes off in his jeans. He wakes up and reaches over to grab his jeans, trying not to wake me up in the process.

"Oh man" he whispers to himself, seeing that it's a reminder to get back to the hotel and start the driving to the next destination, North Carolina.

I moan and roll over, draping my arm across his warm chest before smiling in my sleep, feeling very comfortable next to him.

He looks at me and smiles, kissing me on my forehead. "I've got to go, see you soon, love you" he whispers to me before getting out of bed and putting his clothes back on, forgetting about his silky boxers and leaving out the door silently.

My alarm goes off at 6:25am when I notice he had left already. I grab my early morning fix and see a note on the other pillow.

"Hey, sorry I had to leave while you were still sleeping. I start driving to North Carolina this morning and start it at 4:45am. Sorry I didn't tell you that last night before we went to sleep, it must have slipped my mind. Talk soon, see you soon. *(crossed out) Love ya.* Jay x"

I swallow a mouthful of vodka with a pill, laughing to myself as I see his boxers on the floor. Wait, what's that at the end of the note? Love ya.

"Oh shit!" I yell, coughing on a mouthful of vodka.

Slipping into some clothing and heading out to the kitchen.

"Morning, who's boxers are they?" Kim greets from the stovetop, cooking eggs

"Hey, take a wild guess" I smile, staring at the note with vodka in my hand

"So he did come last night?"

"Yes he did"

"He still here?"

"Nope"

"Why? Did you scare him off?"

I shake the note at her, urging her to read it. I need to know it's not my fucked up mind seeing this.

She quietly reads it. "Oh" she says then reads it over again. "Oh damn"

"I know" I say, spooning some of the scrambled eggs onto a plate

"Why do you always get the confusing ones?"

"I don't know"

"He obviously has some feelings for you but he doesn't want to show them yet"

"I know" I agree, eating my scrambled eggs

"The eggs good?"

"Yeah, but you forgot to add vodka to the mix this morning"

"I did it on purpose"

"Why?"

"Phil's car is out the front still"

"Bloody hell"

"Yeah, so do you have feelings for him?"

"I don't know"

"Well figure it out"

I groan at the ceiling and finish the last gulp of my vodka. "I need to get ready".

I head to work and have my usual day, full of meetings with clients, Lisa and Rebecca.

"Hey" Kim greets as I get back home, case of alcohol under my arm

"Hello" I answer back and look around the room. "Where's Sera?"

"Gone out to watch Phil at a wrestling event"

"Indie event on a Tuesday night?"

"Yeah, a few hours away"