Bug Bites (Maddie)

On a bench outside, you try to read a book. For awhile, it's quiet. Then, you're interrupted by something on your arm. You look over, and find a mosquito. A growl erupts from your throat.

"Not today, Satan." You go to smack the insect, but someone grabs your wrist. When you look up to see who it is, you see a boy wearing a hoodie, and the collar of the shirt beneath it covers his face; he also wears sunglasses, so he is completely concealer. How annoying.

"Don't kill it." He says. "Every insect is a life. Why? Because they're also living organisms, just like you an me."

"Yes, insects are lives. But mosquitoes are the spawns of Satan. He was trying to suck my blood like a vampire."

"It isn't a he, but a she. Why? Male mosquitoes don't suck blood, but females do. You can also tell my the coloration. Males are brown, but the females are black."

"Uh-huh. Male or female, it wants to suck my blood. No, thank you." It crawls onto his finger, and he brings it close to his face. How can he let a tiny demon so close to his face?

"Were you trying to suck this pretty girl's blood?" You blush at him calling you pretty. "Why? Her blood type is good? Well, no wonder she tried killing you. If you don't want her to squash you, don't bite her. That's considered very rude."

"Are you... talking to the mosquito?" Initially, you think he's crazy.

"Yes. Why? I am Shino Aburame, of the Aburame Clan. I specialize in insect style and communicate with them very well. I understand them, and they understand me. We are one."

"Nice. Can you tell your little bug pals to stop eating me alive in the summer?"

"Yes. I can."

"Well, please do that, because I am not afraid of slaughter."

"How violent."

"Whatever." You stand up. "I'm leaving. Lovely to meet you."

"Wait. You didn't give your name."

"I'm Y/n L/n."

"Nice to meet you." You walk away, and he stares at your turned back. "How pretty indeed."

You don't think you'll see Shino again, but he's sitting on your reading bench the next day. Shrugging, you sit beside him anyway, refusing to give up your spot to the bug boy. He doesn't look at you.

"Hello." He says, still staring straight ahead.

"Hi."

"Did mosquitoes attack again?"

"Nope. I've been safe."

"I told you I could get them to stop."

"Wait, you got them to stop?"

"Yes."

"But why?"

"You asked me to."

"Oh... thank you. I appreciate it."

"Glad to be appreciated."

"Oh! Hey, Shino!" You both look over to see a blonde boy. Dread appears on the insect user's face.

"Hello, Naruto." He says, though not sounding happy.

"Are you still salty over me not recognizing you?" Naruto asks.

"Yes. That and you not seeming to care about me and my interests."

"I'M SORRY!!! Here, we can talk about you and what you like right now. Will that make you feel better?"