All of You:Flaws, Mistakes, & Shortcomings (Maddie)

"Obito!" You call out to a boy. He has black hair and eyes, standing with his friends--Kakashi Hataki and Rin Nohara.

"Hm? Y/n?" He turns to look at you and gives you a big, cheesy smile.

"Yeah. How are you?"

"I'm great! How're you?"

"Pretty good." As you talk to him, you blush a bit. Meanwhile, another pair of black eyes are glued to you, following your every move. "What're you guys doing?"

"Nothing much. I was inviting them to go get something to eat with me, but Kakashi is refusing. Would you like to come?"

"Sure!"

Clearing his throat, the silver-haired boy interrupts, "On second thought, I think I'll join you losers for a meal."

"Yay!" Rin exclaims, smiling a lot. Obito stares at her, and a feeling of jealousy overtakes you.

The four of you go to a ramen shop and eat, laughing and smile--at least, you, Obito, and Rin laugh and smile. Kakashi is quiet as always, though you do not pay much attention to him. It is just Kakashi. Nobody important. Not to you. Just Obito. He is the only one on your mind.

Standing in front of a grave, you close your eyes and think for a few moments. Where has all the time gone? Just thirteen years ago, you were chasing after some boy who liked somebody else. Now, he is not even here for you to greet. How sad. Behind you is the presence of someone you know.

"Hey," they say.

"Hi." Your voice is stiff,still struggling to forgive him.

"What?" You are sobbing now. "T- that can't be true. H- he can't be dead!"

"I saw it with my own eyes. He was crushed by a rock." Kakashi has a somber look in his eyes.

"How? What happened?"

"We were on a mission, and Rin was captured. I was acting like an idiot, and Obito got into a fight. Luckily we made it out of there and then went to save her, and we did. We defeated the enemy, but on the way out, the base caved in and a boulder almost hit me... then Obito pushed me out of the way and took the blow for me." He moves his headband to reveal a Sharingan. "He gave this to me. He'd just awakened it on the day he died... then he entrusted it all to me."

"You let him get killed? He died for you? The person who doesn't care about anyone but himself?! YOU LET HIM DIE FOR SOMEONE AS PATHETIC AS YOURSELF?!?!?!" You begin screaming. "IT SHOULD'VE BEEN YOU!!! HE DIDN'T DESERVE TO DIE THAT WAY!!!!" Sobs escaping you, you fall to your knees.

"I'm so sorry. I know it's my fault, and I feel so terrible now-"

"You should be! You should be sorry! You should loathe yourself!" He reaches his hand out to touch your shoulder, but withdrawals it, feeling that he has done enough.

"I- I don't know what else I can say... I'll just leave. You hate me and don't want to see me, right?"

"Obviously! Get lost!" M

Brokenheartedly, he runs off, not knowing what else to do. Obito is dead because of him. You hate him. Nobody is happy now, and it is all his fault. He should just die like his father. What point is there to continue living when no one wants him to?

"You here to visit him, too?" Kakashi takes his stand beside you, staring at the tombstone without a body beneath it.

"Yeah."

"Back then, I wouldn't have admitted it, but his death was honorable."

"He saved his comrade, which is the most honorable way for a shinobi to die."