Joke (Maddie)

Rolling your eyes, you try to push past the mob blocking your route into the school. Impatient, you tap your foot on the concrete, not wanting to be late for school.
It's Toru Oikawa. The problem is that he has way too many fangirls who are way too obsessed. Anywhere he is, they're at, which is usually blocking your way. Is being on time to class for once so much to ask?
Taking a deep breath, you brave the crowd and try to squeeze through, getting hit by elbows and the like. You try to move past Oikawa, but jump when a hand lands on your shoulder. Looking behind you, you find the devil himself. Toru Oikawa.
"Hey there," he says, smiling at you. "What's your name?"
"None of your business."
"Well... what year are you?"
"None of your business."
"Is there anything that you want to tell me about yourself."
"No."
You start walking off, hearing the screaming of other girls out of jealousy. When you finally get to class, you slump into your seat in the back and sigh. He didn't have any right to go asking you questions You don't even know him. All you know is that he's popular around here and plays volleyball as a setter and the team's captain.
During lunch, you try to eat peacefully, but get interrupted by someone taking the seat beside you. Sighing, you take a look, then see someone you never would've predicted. Oikawa, He's giving you a smile, to which you scrunch up your nose.
"What do you want?" you ask, feeling impatient.
"Your name, number, address, and you."
"Well, sucks to be you." You go back to eating.
"C'mon! It's the great Toru 0ikawa! You can't just ignore me!"
"No, I think I can. And there's nothing 'greať about you. You're just a person."
He gasps. "That- no! I'm a top setter! I'm captain of my team! I'm known all throughout Japan!"
"Really? Could've fooled me." You grab your juice box and sip on it.
"Ugh! You're so mean! At least tell me your name!!"
"No way."
"I'll tell the entire school you're my girlfriend if you don't."
"You wouldn't."
"No, I would."
"That could screw up your reputation."
"Screw it up? Please. I'd be the most attractive guy who's talented and has a hot girlfriend. I'd have the envy of every man alive."
"Haha, very funny." You start to eat your rice, getting slightly agitated.
"What's so funny? I was being serious"
"Knock if off."
"Knock what off? I'm confused as to why you're so angry."
"We both know that I'm not that pretty."
"WHAT?!?!?!?!"
"You heard me. I'm fully aware that I'm just not attractive. You don't have to joke about it. That's just rude."
"But it's not a joke. I really think you're attractive. I want to go out with you. I want you to be my girlfriend. Why is that so hard for you to understand?"
"Because this isn't some stupid fantasy novel. It's the real world, where stupid crap like the popular guy having a crush on the chubby nerd just doesn't happen." You stand up. "Come on, if you wanted to trick me, try being a bit more realistic."
You walk to your next classroom, having lost your appetite. You sit down in the back as you always do, thinking about all those things he said. That wasn't necessary. It was just rude. Beneath your desk, you clench your skirt tightly, beyond livid over what he had to go and do.
Angry tears build up in your eyes, though you're embarrassed by it. That jerk. Why is he even targeting you? You've never even interacted with him before. You didn't do anything.
"Please, stop crying."
You look over, finding Oikawa to be crouching beside you. You yell, "Go away!"
He starts trying to wipe your tears from your face, and you feel too weak to try and fight him."I don't know why you're crying, but please stop. It's gonna be okay."
"Just leave me alone" you choke out.
"But you're sad. I don't want my crush to be sad-"
"I SAID TO KNOCK IT OFF! THIS JOKE HAS GONE WAY TOO FAR!!"
"There isn't a joke! I've liked you since you started coming to school here! I only pretended not to know your name! You're Y/n L/n, second-year, and have the highest grade in your year! Gosh! I thought that maybe if I kept waiting, you'd approach me like how the other girls do, but you never did. This is my last year. 1'I be graduating soon. When that happens, I won't be able to see you anymore. Please, give me a chance. You can't turn me down."
"Why would you even like me, you idiot?"
"Because you're super pretty! And you're smart! And even though you're mean like lwa- Chan, you're adorable! And you should know that I'm never this desperate, so you should count yourself lucky!"
"You're just annoying." Though you insult him, you sniff and try to deal with the tears, hoping to conceal your blush.
"But you're blushing," He takes your face in his hands. "Come on, you can't deny it. I'm handsome "
"Y- you're cringe."
"But you love it. You have to admit that. You like the attention from the most popular guy in your school"
"Why would I like that?"
"Fine, if you don't like that, you should like this."
He leans up and presses his lips to yours. Surprised, you just sit there, unsure of what to do or how to handle the situation. You've never been kissed before. Slowly, your hand drops to your lap, completely limp.
Mind buzzing, you can't pinpoint a single thought down. It's all just too surprising. He may have confessed his feelings, but you weren't expected a kiss. There was no real warning.
One of your many thoughts tells you that you do like it. It's a bit embarrassing. but its true. At a sedated pace, you start to lean in, but it's much t00 slow for him. He stands up, breaking contact fore a few moments. At first, you're puzzled, but when he pulls you out of your chair and pins you to the wall, it evaporates. He slams his lips against yours again, and this time, you return it immediately. Bringing his hands to your waist, he gets more desperate, squeezing your pudge a bit. At first, it brings about an insecurity, but then he pulls away with a smile.
"Man, I love that adorable shape you have."
He's about to go back in, but get interrupted when the teacher yells, "KNOCK IT OFF!! THIS IS SCHOOL!!"
Your eyes get huge, but Oikawa just looks at him with a cheeky smile. "Come on.
it's not that bad-"
"GET OUT, OIKAWA-KUN!!! I DIDN'T LET YOU DO THIS WITH YOUR OTHER GIRLFRIENDS, AND I WON'T LET YOU WITH HER!"
Pouting, Oikawa looks back at you. "Well just go to my place after school-"
"THE HECK WE WILL!" You go to push him away, but he won't budge.
"At least go on a date with me!!"
"Fine!! Now get outta here!!"
"Okay!"
He skips off, and you just sigh. What the heck are you getting yourself into?