Horrible Day (Ghost)

Tired. Drained. Exhausted. That's how you feel right now. It's been a long week at work. There are too many rude customers. Too much whining from your co-workers about how busy it was. It's like you need the customers to get paid, so why are you complaining. It's just too bad that the customers seem to be horrible this day.

You finally got off work and were heading to your favorite fast-food joint. You just wanted some not so healthy but tasty food while binge watching your favorite anime. That's how you want to finish your day.

As you were walking to the food joint, out of nowhere appeared a villain. He grabbed you and dragged you to the nearest alleyway. You were so done. Now, after a horrible day at work, you had to deal with this.

He demanded your purse, but you scoffed. You barely had enough for your meal tonight, and he wanted to take it away from you. You don't think so. Your brain is not comprehending how dangerous the situation is because you were too exhausted to think logically.

You sneered, "No. I worked hard for the little bit I got, and I'm going to use it to get my food. How dare you try to steal my hard earn money. Go get a job."

The villain growled and raised his hand to smack you. You closed your eyes, waiting for impact, but it never came. You open your eyes to see Mocking Jay. He's a lesser-known hero but a good one, in your opinion. You were staring in disbelief because he's even better looking in person.

He gives you a quick look before refocusing on the villain, "What do we have here?"

The villain sneers, "None of your business."

That was the villain's mistake.

Mocking Jay smirks, "You will go to the police car that's outside this alley and turn yourself in."

The villain nods and does what he's told.

Mocking Jay turns to you, "Are you ok, kitty?"

You were shocked. Did he just call you kitty? What is going on here?

You nod, "Yes. Thank you. You came just in time."

He smirked again and then just walked away. That left you confused, but you just shrugged it off.

You were off the next day, so you were going to lounge around your apartment the whole day. That didn't happen because you received a text from one of your co-workers saying you received a package. This confused you because you didn't order anything, nor would you have had it sent to your job.

You arrived to find a small package waiting for you. You opened it to find a small stuffed cat with fur that matched your hair color along with a note. The note read:

Kitty,

Text me when you get this.

XXX-XXX-XXXX

Mocking Jay

Your eyes go wide. What in the world? Your curiosity got the better of you, so you text. You even saved the number.

Y/N: Hello?

Mocking Jay: Who's this?

Y/N: So blunt. You told me to text you, and this is how you answer?

Mocking Jay: Kitty?

Y/N: Yes. But why do you keep calling me that?

Mocking Jay: Cuz I can. What's your name?

You roll your eyes. Is he really this annoying in person?

Y/N: It's Y/N. But people call me N/N (N/N = nickname)

Mocking Jay: Cute. Call me Shinso. Did you like the plush?

Y/N: It's cute. Thank you. And thanks again for yesterday.

Mocking Jay: How about you, thank me, with a date. Tonight. Dinner.

Y/N: ok. Just send me the details.

Mocking Jay: Send me your address.

You roll your eyes again. So, demanding too.

Y/N: [Insert address]

Mocking Jay: See you at 7 pm, Kitty.

You shake your head. What is it with him?

Seven on the dot, there was a knock on your door. You open it to find Shinso standing there with a boutique of beautiful flowers. You take them, inviting him in while you put them in some water. Then you leave for your dinner date.

It went so well. He may be blunt, but he was the perfect gentleman. At the end of the date, he walked you to your door and gave you a gentle sweet kiss before leaving. You went to bed with a smile on your face. The next day, he texts you, saying he would like to do that again.

You had many dates with him. He just one day said you had no choice. You were his kitty. You just agreed because truth be told, you liked him a lot.

After just six months of dating, he proposed. He said, "Why wait?" You belonged to him. You were the happiest you have ever been in your life. You even got to leave your crappy job to work at the same agency as him as they receptionist. You have become thankful for that horrible day because it was what led you to where you are now.