Protectorate (Maddie)

"Who're you?"

A new boy has appeared in your guild. Not too long ago, an old man brought you and your big brother here, and have become like a father to you. Now, there is a small boy, who seems to be the same age as your big brother, who has been brought in by the old man, and he is in his underwear. Weird.

"I'm Gray Fullbuster." He seems angsty.

"Hehe. I'm Y/n Dragneel. And-"

"Why're you in your underwear, weirdo?" There goes Natsu, your brother.

"I- DANG IT!!!! NOT AGAIN!!!! URRRRR!!!!"

"Who?" You are curious now.

"My... mentor. NOW WHERE DID MY CLOTHES GO?!?!??!"

Giggling, you help him find his clothes. While he seems weird, he is also funny. You choose to like him.

-

Eyebrow twitching, you punch both Natsu and Gray. They are fighting again. Now, you stomp on both of their faces angrily, tired of their stupidity. Why can they not just get along?

"WHAT'D YOU DO THAT FOR?!?!?!" For people who hate each other, they are very in sync.

"You're being stupid again. Stop fighting. Now."

Natsu shouts, "You're as mean as Erza, sis! Back off!"

"I will not! Now apologize! And hug it out!"

"NO!!!"

"NOW!!!! Or do Erza and I both have to beat you two up? Eh?"

"WE'RE SORRY!!!!"

They hug and laugh nervously, scared now. Smirking, you call Erza in to see. She smiles and you both take pictures, meanwhile they cry. This just made your day as a little eleven-year-old.

Somehow, you can always be this way around them. Normally, you are a bit shy, but they are special. They make you feel comfortable and like you can have some fun. Nobody else gives you that feeling. Your brother is understandable, but Gray? You have no clue. Maybe it is just because you are so close.

-

It has been six years since you first met Gray, and now you are fifteen and he is seventeen. Natsu is away on a mission so you spend time with Gray in the guild base. For some strange reason, he is going around shirtless again. Oh, well. You are used to it by now. Actually, at this point, you like it. For awhile, you have had a crush on him. How old were you? Twelve? Probably. Your first and only crush. It is because of that he has a special place in your heart.

"When is your lame brother coming back?" he asks.

"My 'lame' brother will be back soon. He's too impatient to let a mission last too long." You take a sip of water.

"Oh, great. He should grow up already."

"You're one to talk, Gray. You and him are a lot alike."

"Don't lump me in with that loser."

"There's no reason for you two to hate each other this much."

"He's a loser. That's reason enough."

"Please get along? For me?" You purse your lips and widen your eyes.

"I'll think about it."

"Thank you, Gray."

"Whatever."