Shields Around the City

(One Week Later)

Arthur Leywin

"Arthur." Kordri said from across the table, in the room with me was Seris, Caera, Sylvie, Aya, Barion, and him. "With the shield arrays Wren and Gideon made, we should be able to protect the cities around the continent, or at least prevent them from destroy the city within seconds."

"Yeah, with the shields, we'll be able to guard each city if it comes to it." I told him, knowing that Wren has been very useful to us. "We have to make sure each city has the appropriate number of resources as well in case an attack does occur."

"Already taken care of." Bairon told me, speaking up. "I made sure when dividing the people up that they were sent back with the appropriate resources to get back on their feet, and restock the cities supplies."

"Perfect, then the last thing we have to talk about is getting everybody ruins, we have the staff, or staffs thanks to you, Seris, but we haven't had the time and resources to use them. I think now is the perfect time for that." I said, looking around the room. "Aya, Bairon, even you, Caera, if we all went around, we could give one to everyone that wants one, even more than one if it comes to it."

"We can do that." Aya answered me, nodding her head as she did so. "If everyone has some sort of ruin, they should be able to defend themselves against other mages, human mages, but will it really have an effect on their survival against an asura?"

"No, but like you said, they'll be able to defend themselves against other mages." I responded, shrugging as I looked at her. "The number of mages in Dicathen that can fight an asura is pretty much limited to everyone in this room."

That was even a stretch, but it was better for them to have confidence in case they needed to fight a battle they could not win. "I'll go." Caera said, and as I turned to her, she added. "I may need to go with someone because of my horns, but I'll go, I just don't want to scare anyone."

"That works." I said, smiling at her. "Then it's settled, we don't really have anything else to talk about, the security of the continent is the highest priority, and right now, the shields are the best thing we can do."

"To that point." Kordri said, interrupting me before I could end the meeting, wanting to go and see Tessia and my mother, they were with Aldon and Olivia. "Wren and Gideon are trying out new devices, trying to find ways to prevent an attack. I know Gideon was testing out these weapons on Wren when I last visited, but I don't think anything was working."

"That's good, I would love it if they could find something else to help with the security, there isn't much else we can do." I said, there really was only one other thing for us to do, but I wasn't going to suggest it, however, someone else was thinking the same thing.

"I know we somewhat talked about it, but what about Alacyra?" Seris said, bringing up a subject I didn't really like talking about, Veer. "It's a safe place, it has been for a while." She paused for a second, then went on. "The asuras struggled to do anything because of the number of Wraiths we possessed, and Agrona always was one step ahead of Kezess."

"No." I told her, shaking my head as I looked her way. "It isn't safe, Veer could do something to us, who knows." I still had some work to do, I now possessed King's Gambit, a new ability that I found insight to thanks to Mordain, but there is still so much I need to do. "I need to get stronger before I see my brother again."

At this moment, the ground started to shake, and we all froze from it, not knowing what was happening. It had to be an earthquake, but how, I've never felt one before, not here, not in this world. It just kept going, and we all just stood there, unmoving, then after a couple of seconds, we acted as if nothing happened to some extent.