Dicathen in Ruin Part. V

Virion Leywin

"What are you doing?" Hades asked as I slipped my cloak on, the white one. "Veer, you shouldn't have sent Cecilia to Xyrus, she could have helped you in a battle against Kezess." I rolled my eyes as I turned towards the door. "You can't defeat him by yourself."

"Hades, I sent Cecilia there to make sure the citizens didn't die." I told him, kicking the door open and entering the hallway. "I may be the Devil in their eyes, but my goal, to make sure they all live, as many people as I can, is still there."

"I get it, I get it, but this, this battle is way more important." Hades said, and I laughed a little, knowing that there weren't a lot of people with Taegrin Caelum right now, only Melody, Cassandra, my Wraiths, and some others. "I'm sending word to Melzri and Viessa."

"No." I told him, snapping my head at the blood serpent on the wall. "I'm handling everything, fucking relax and let me counter this attack myself, fuck, I don't need you criticizing my plan the entire time."

"Fine, I'm sorry." Hades said as our eyes met. "But you know you can't defeat Kezess in a one on one clean fight, you are going to need a miracle to win, and I mean it, this isn't a normal fight you're walking into."

"I know, isn't it exciting." I said, smiling as I turned toward back down the hallway. "It's a battle between two genocidal maniacs." I ran a hand through my hair and prepared to open a portal. "I am handling the attack perfectly; the fucking dragons aren't going to know what hit them in a couple of minutes."

"Are you going to be alive though to see the end result?" Hades asked. "I'm going to teleport you out to make sure you are okay, even if you plan on dying, this isn't the time, even if it is a better ending to your story."

"I'm writing my story." I told him, activating my beast will, going into phase three already. "I am the master of my own fate." I felt my body tingle from excitement, knowing that shit was about to go down.

"Just know, I got your back, Veer, through and through, I'll be there for you." Hades said, and at that, I stopped in the hall. "Veer?" He spoke with a questionable tone as I fell towards the wall, stopping myself by using my elbow, pressing it against the wall to keep myself upright. "Are you up for this?"

"Hahhahaha." I laughed, taking deep breaths as I pushed mana into my brain, contorting it to form a bigger barricade. "Yep, totally, maybe death is better than this outcome." I said, thinking about it, shaking my head, standing back up right. "Alright, time to go, let ----"

"Veer!" Sylvie's voice cried out from behind me as I blinked a couple of times to steady myself, she would know what's going on with me if I didn't mind wipe her after telling her the other day. "Let me help you, let Arthur and me help you."

"Fuck off, Sylv." I said, waving her away as I turned my back on her. 

"Don't talk to me like that!" She said, shooting a mana blade of some sorts at me, but it vanished in the air as I disrupted the spell in the air. "You plan on taking on my grandfather all by yourself, that is suicide, even for you."

"Really?" I asked, turning back to meet her golden eyes as Hades slithered into my leg, knowing we had to go, like right now. "You think it's suicide, do you?" I repeated. "Hmm, well, then maybe it's best for me to go since I've been nothing but a monster to all of you."

"You know that's not what we want." She told me, grabbing my arm as I tried to turn away from her. "We want you to stop this, don't go, don't go and die just to prove a point." I gave her a confused look.