Success?

Arthur Leywin

"Shut up!" I roared, letting my swords go, Regis floated back into my stomach, but destruction continued to flow. "You bastard!" I felt the destruction flames covering my fist burn on as I brought it down on Agrona's face, knocking him into the ground right beside Kezess. "I'm going to kill you!"

"Arthur stopped this!" Sylvie landed behind Kezess, destruction surrounded us, the flames were asking to devour them all, but I held back, wanting to enjoy this. "We can take him in!" I shook my head and punched Agrona again with a destruction fist.

The flames at at his face after each punch, and he did his best to liquify himself afterwards to put them out. I could still feel the spell coursing in Kezess's body, I think he was trying to absorb his mana, but that wouldn't heal the body.

It was as I went to hit him a third time that everything changed, Kezess's heart started to beat, I heard and felt it, and as I punched Agrona, Virion's body fell over, unmoving. "Arthur!" Sylvie said, sensing Virion's heart stopping. 

A second, that was all it took for me to realize what happened, the spell Agrona was making in his hand, and the mana moving in Kezess, it was, it had to be some sort of soul swapping spell. "Fuck!" I shouted, pushing the flames of destruction towards Kezess corpse.

I watched as Kezess's eyes opened and he vanished away, using static void somehow, and as he reappeared, I froze at the laugh. "Hahahahahahah!" Kezess laughed, but I knew it wasn't him. "I guess the brat's blood magic was what kept his soul in line, this body, it's just as good."

Agrona in Kezess's body started squeezing his hands, adjusting to it I expected, and as that was going on, Sylvie went over to Virion, getting on her knees on his side, and Hades slithered out of my foot and into Virion's corpse.

"Oh, this, this feels amazing!" Agrona said, running a hand through his golden hair. "I am a dragon, hahaa, it's good that corpse was there, I was running out of time, could only use that spell once in a lifetime." 

"Agrona!" I roared, looking at his broken body, but as I looked at his body, my left hand crumbled to dust, the sword fell, and he smiled. "I'm going to kill you!" The wound that caused Kezess's death was healing, it was like the new soul sparked a new life using mana.

"I think we can call this a draw, King Grey." He said with joy, pushing mana into his body. "Until we meet again, I have a new body to figure out." A portal opened up and he faded away, leaving us behind in this field of destruction, spells littered it, destroyed it even more.

"Veer!" Sylvie said, crying over his dead corpse. "Wake up!" She didn't even care what it seemed like, not about Agrona getting away, and at that thought, and her screams. "Veer!" I felt myself sink into peace for a second as Regis leapt out of me and the flames died out. 

"Fuck!" I shouted into the air as I fell to my knees, the destruction around us vanished as well, the ground reduced to ashes. "Fuck!" I shouted again in anger, slamming my only hand onto the ground as I leaned over.

I felt tears roll out of my eyes as I thought about everything. "Veer! Wake up! Wake up!" Sylvie shook my brother's shoulders, I felt Regis sit down and overlook us, not knowing what to do, I didn't know what to do. "Don't leave me!"

"Shit." I said quietly this time, turning my head as I held my forehead on the ground towards Virion's corpse, Sylvie crying over it. My little brother was Agrona's vessel, that's why he did all this. "You should have told me." Sylvie placed her head on Virion's chest, pushing aether into it. "I could have helped."