The Memory

(Days Prior)

Sylvie Indrath 

"Fine." I said, nodding my head, knowing that if I can offer any words of guidance before he wipes my mind, I will, I want to know, I do, even if it is for a split second. "Do it, Veer, block my mind out."

I grabbed his hand and felt mana course into me, then into my brain, condensing with the mana already there. I don't know how he got so fluent in controlling mana in other people's body, it's quite amazing, but also scary to think about.

"It's done." Virion said, pulling back his hand, I wanted to hold onto it, but I released it, knowing that he wasn't mine, he might be who I loved, but right now, he was not mine. "And you are right, I will wipe your memory afterwards, but, your words, who knows, maybe they'll help me with decisions I have to make in the future."

I wanted to find a way to make it so I wouldn't lose these memories, but there wasn't a way, his blood magic, it was too strong. "Tell me." I said, looking at him. "Tell me everything." He nodded his head and as he sat beside me, his hand grabbed mine, and everything, and I mean everything changes.

His expression, his gestures, his attitude, it all changed, it changed back to the Veer I knew. "Alright." He said, smiling at me, my chest started to warm up, this, this Veer is the one I loved. "I'll tell you everything that is going on with me right now, Sylv." 

His whole aura was so pleasant now, the darkness to it, all gone, it was nice. I wanted to stay in this moment forever, but I knew, whatever he was about to tell me was going to be bad, that's the only reason he would keep it such a secret.

"Know one thing, you will always be my first love." He told me, smiling as his hands squeezed mine. "Maybe my only love, and all I ever did, all of it was for my family and you. Truthfully, I cared for the citizens, but my real goal was creating a world for you all to live in." He paused for a second, then went one, sadness growing in his tone. "A world that Gramps, Angela, and so many others won't see because of me."

"Their deaths aren't your fault." I told him, squeezing his hand back. "You know that, right?" 

"Ehh." He shrugged. "Even so, they are dead, and won't be able to see the world I am trying to create." I knew he was close to Elder Virion, everyone was, he was a great leader, a great man, or elf. "I may not be able to help them, but I can help the people that still remain in this world."

"You are doing a great job, Veer, your ways might not be the best or even the right ones, but you are trying." I told him, and he nodded his head as his eyes stayed on mine. "You became a monster because of me."

If I didn't die, he wouldn't be the person he is now. He would have had me, I would have cared for him, led him down a calmer path that didn't lead to where we were now, in Taegrin Caelum after he took over a whole continent.

"No, I didn't." He said, and my eyes widened in confusion as I tried to understand. "I didn't become a monster because of your death, it was one of the reasons, but that's not the real reason, Sylvie." 

"W-what?" I said, looking at him, a slightly worried tone to my voice. "Explain?"

"Sylvie, I'm going to die in the next couple of days." Virion said in such a simple voice, and as he finished, I felt a stillness grow in the air as he released my hands and his came up to my cheeks. "Don't worry, it's for the best, I've, I've done enough, by the time I die, Kezess should be dead plus a lot of other asuras."

"No!" I exclaimed, swatting his hand off my face, feeling a tear forming as he speaks about his planned death. "You aren't going to die, Veer! I won't let it happen; you should know that!" He smiled, grabbing my hands again, trying to calm me down.