Dicathen in Ruin Part. IV

Cecilia 

I ducked, rolled out of the way, conjured a mana barrier all around us and absorbed the mana within the dragons, killing these weaklings, letting their bodies hit the ground and my spell fade away as I looked around the city of Xyrus.

I was put in charge of it, well, not just me, Hersius and Seris were put here with me to make sure that I didn't do anything. It didn't matter, it just meant less killing for me. They were helping out. Seris was injured, I could see that from here as she flung these dark mist blast at the dragons flying down on her. 

Hersius was fighting them in hand to hand combat, well, he was conjuring water swords at times, shooting away from the larger beast in their dragon form. I didn't know if he couldn't take them down, or if he was choosing not to, but it didn't matter. He was supposed to be this strong being, but it appears either Virion told him to hold back, or he was doing it on purpose.

Kezess sent two hundred dragons here, and fifty were dead already, thirty by my hands. I was cut up a little, but nothing too serious, the wounds were already healing themselves, so it didn't matter much to me.

I conjured a mana sword, kicked a dragon to the ground, spun and caught a dragon in the air by the throat as they came down on me, and plunged my sword into his stomach, killing him, taking his mana.

Virion told me to absorb as much mana as I can from these dragons, this was the only city that wasn't going to be blown up. There are fake humans and elves here, roaming around, clones, but they are all for show to keep the act up around the continent. I'm sure the dragons know something is up, I mean, seeing a body turn to just blood after killing it will for sure cause some confusion.

I released the dragon in the air, conjured a mana spike and impaled another dragon, absorbed his mana and watched as his body and muscles gave out and he died. I deflected another blade, then shot up into the air, dodging a claw from a large dragon that landed beside me.

I could overlook the entire city now, it was completely destroyed, on fire, but still floating in the air. That's why Virion didn't want to destroy it, if he did, the city would fall and there was no way to know if we could make it float again like it was.

Three large dragons flew my way, I conjured wind and ice currents all around me, pushing them back, keeping it going, and going, trying my best to make sure they didn't get to me at their tops speeds. I had a sword in my hand, so I was ready for them when they arrived near me. 

I dodged a claw, activated static void, appearing above them in the sky, and brought my sword down on its head, cutting it over in one clean swing. The other two dragons came at me from both sides, but I used static void once again, appearing away from them, conjuring wind blades and pushing them at them.

They sliced through the dragons, then I conjured fire and more wind, shooting the spells at them, allowing the explosion to shake us in the sky. I dodged a fire blast, then a sword from a dragon that appeared to my side.

I grabbed his wrist with my free hand, then brought my blade forward and sliced him in half. He fell out of the sky, two halves, dead, and as he fell, more and more started to merge on me as the city fell.

I activated static void again and again, appearing further away from the dragons heading my way, not knowing if I was going to be able to fight off twenty of them at a time. Seris was gone, Virion must have teleported her out, making sure she didn't die on his watch. She was a very powerful Scythe, but she wasn't meant for a fight like this.

Hersius was on a knee as well, a dragon had just landed on hit on him, and more and more kept landing around him. He was going to have to leave soon as well, but I was fine, a little dinged up, but I could continue going for at least a couple of more minutes before I slipped up and took too much damage.