Battle with Hamadryads Pt. III

I was expecting another clone to show up, but there was none, I just kept on going. He just wanted me off the battlefield to keep me safe, I get it, but I was ready, and right now just proves it. I've killed asuras all around me, well, I helped kill them, maybe I didn't do all the damage, but I was still alive, completely healthy.

Cylrit on the other hand was on a knee, behind a couple of Wraiths, breathing heavily. I shot forward, trying to get to him to help, conjuring mana spikes in front of the Wraiths protecting him.

"Cylrit." I said the Retainer's name, worried about his health, a little guilty, I could have had Veer teleport him out, but now, since I killed him, I couldn't ask. "Are you okay? Get up." I insisted, knowing that if he stayed there, he was going to die.

"I can't." He said, and I noticed on the back of his leg was a large cut from a vine, it had wrapped itself around his thigh, it wasn't there anymore, but I could sense that it placed something into his body, there was mana running amuck within him. "There's something wrong."

"You've been poisoned." I said, stepping in front of him. "You have to fight it out of you, Cylrit, I can sense it, but I won't be able to redirect the mana out of you." I've seen some of the corpses that this poison left within people, he won't survive it burning his insides. "Wait!"

"What?" He asked, trying to get to his feet, but was unable to, his sword was the only reason he was still kneeling, he was holding onto it tightly. I had an idea though, a way to get rid of this poison, but before I could explain myself, a hamadryad killed two Wraiths in front of me and was heading my way.

"Stay still." I said to the Retainer, standing in front of him as a hamadryad summoned a bunch of vines and pushed them towards me, I pushed out mana barriers, deflecting the vines away from me, then shot spikes, and pushed soulfire at him, trying to kill him so I could help the Retainer dying behind me.

The hamadryad dodged spell after spell, and was suddenly right in front of me, his hand up in the air, directed at my face. I quickly conjured a mana barrier, but before the fist connected with it, a whip, a soulfire whip to my left struck the hamadryad in the side, pushing him over, and as he was falling, I conjured a spike and impaled him on it.

"Eleanor." Seris said my name, limbing over to me, blood running down her chest and back, she was clearly injured, and needed to leave. "This is a bloodbath; they are ripping through the Wraiths like it is nothing."

"I know." I said, looking around, seeing corpse after corpse on the ground, there were hamadryads mixed in, but many more Wraiths. "You need to fall back, the two of you are too injured." I turned my attention for a split second to look down at Cylrit breathing heavily. "He is poisoned, a hamadryad spell for sure."

"I sense it as well." Seris said, placing a hand on her Retainer's shoulder. "Soulfire." She spoke the words of my plan, thinking exactly what I was going to do to him. "Soulfire should be able to eat the spell within him, it'll do damage to his core, but if we direct it correctly, we could destroy the spell and make sure he's okay to move."

"Do it." Cylrit said through pain, and as his face looked up at us, blood was running out of his eyes and nose. "I-I can't do ---" He couldn't finish his words, his head went down, but he stayed upright, still conscious, just tired.

"I got it." Seris said, moving behind Cylrit, pulling mana towards her. "Eleanor, protect us for as long as you can, I need to do it here, we don't have time to move him." I nodded, knowing what she was going to do, and faced forward, focusing on the asuras destroying units of mages around us.

I felt soulfire appear behind me, most likely in Seris's hand, and as she placed it inside of Cylrit to destroy the poison, a hamadryad came rushing towards me. I stepped forward, feeling Seris's eyes on my back, knowing I had to protect them for her to get this spell done properly, I conjured a mana shield in front of us.