Effort

(One Week Later)

I was sitting in Veer's meeting room, on the couch beside Sylvie, she was, she wasn't being the most talkative, right now, as we speak, aevum is running its course through Virion's corpse. She made an effort to bring him back to life, but I don't think it's going to work, it's been a week, and nothing has happened.

"It's time we prepare." Melody said, looking at me as she sat across from me, her sister wasn't here, she left with Rosa and Gunnar, they were going to Vechor where most of their troops were. "Before we do, I have to ask, will the Glayders and Eraliths follow your command?"

"They should." I answered her, knowing what she is talking about. "The Eraliths will for sure, I could have them come up here now, they were with Tessia, but the Glayders might throw a fit, I don't know."

"That's fine, we can handle a fit from those two." She replied, nodding her head, then throwing a projection device onto the table that expanded, and on a screen above us was Epheotus, the only reason I knew was because territories were labeled with the names of the races. "Before his death, Virion had his blood crows scout the entire continent, so we would have everything mapped out."

"Wow." I said, shaking my head, Virion, you are very, very smart. "Alright, so what's the play?" I asked, looking at her, waiting for a response. I had ideas on what we could do, but none where an attack on Epheotus, that just seems absurd.

"Thanks to Raven, who is now responsible for creating crows and having them scout, we know that a force of dragons, the ones that are left, Sylphs, Phoenixes, and Titans are gathered around in the dragon territory." She paused for a second, that's four clans, maybe three and a quarter, but even so, they could do serious damage. "And another force is on their way, the pantheons, they number in the ten thousands, and will make that army even greater."

"Tch." Raven made a noise as she looked at the map, shaking her head as she did. "I can't believe that Agrona is passing by as Kezess, I feel like that Lady dragon should know." She was speaking about Lady Myre, but I have to agree with her, how does she not know.

"I don't know, but he is, and that is what matters." Melody said, looking at Raven, then back to the map. "It doesn't change anything, the plan to attack first is better than staying back, and waiting with our forces divided like they are right now all over the continent."

"I do agree with that, but attacking Epheotus, it's going to be hard." I said, looking at the dragon territory. "But they wouldn't expect that, and I'm not saying I want to follow through with genocide, but ----"

"Shut the fuck up." Raven said, looking at me with an annoyed face, and it somewhat, I don't know, it sobered me, but not like that. "Arthur, I'm sorry, you are my Uncle in a way, but genocide, it's not genocide, it's war, you have to stop looking at it like that. If we sit here, they will come and wipe us out, so stop complaining about killing gods."

The room fell silent, Melody was giving the girl a harsh look, but wasn't saying anything, so I did. "Sorry." I said, thinking back to all my conversation with my brother, knowing that he would say similar things. "You are right, you are." I nodded. "Damn, you remind me so much of my brother, it's scary in a way."

"Well, thanks." Raven said, eyeing me up, the annoyed look still there, but a slight smile appeared. "Anyway, get back to Melody, Arthur is in no matter what." I didn't respond, she just looked my way once again, then back to the map.

"We have Rosa and Gunnar preparing the force in Vechor, the Wraiths will be the first to engage, well, you will be." She said, looking at me as she did. "You, Arthur, will drop in first with Ivy, Cecilia, Nithe, and Rosa, hopefully, drawing their forces attention towards you, and away from the castle."