What?

Sylvie Indrath

Melody and I stepped down into the dungeon hallways, the place where the lab is located, a place I only know about because Veer would come down here at times when I was living here briefly with him. Though, I've never actually been to the lab, I probably was when I lived here with Agrona, but Veer kept me away.

"You know, Lady Sylvie." Melody started off, changing the way she spoke to me, using Lady now for some reason, most likely being formal. I remember this elf from the Blood Legion, the two were loyal to Veer back then, and they stayed it. "Even when you weren't with him, Veer, his clones, all they ever did was speak praise on you. To him, you were the world."

"I know." I said, hearing that, smiling as we proceeded down the dungeon, there wasn't a soul in a cell, Veer either let them all go, or well, killed them, I feel like he killed them, but I am not sure. I didn't know what else to say, it was hard, I still couldn't believe that he was dead.

I started to play with the ring on my finger, and as Melody noticed, she began to speak to me about it. "That ring, Veer gave that to us over a week ago, again, I really don't know what is on it, supposedly a way to heal him, but even so, I think there's a little more."

"W-why?" I asked, they've been saying how special this ring is, but I don't know why yet, I just want to activate it.

"I don't know, call it a hunch." She said, smiling at me, wiping away a stray tear, the first I've seen from her. I have them all over my face and feel absolutely ridiculous, but don't care, Veer is dead. "You'll have to let me know afterwards."

"Oh, okay." We arrived at a door, and as we did, Melody turned to be before entering.

"Before I open this door, you need to know that there are only three people who know of this." She started, looking at me with a normal, yet sad expression still. "Ivy, my sister, and Ivy, no one else." She paused, then added. "You should prepare for what you are about to see but understand that it wasn't his doing from what we know."

"His?" I said, she must be talking about Veer, but what could be in this room? Was he torturing Alacryans? Or maybe Vritras? 

"Ivy needs to speak to you beforehand." She knocked on the door, then turned back to me. "She will be staying in the room with you in case you need assistance, but she will stay out of your way so that you can go and do whatever the ring wants you to do."

"Okay." I said, and as Ivy opened the door, the green haired girl smiled as she looked at me, to her, I was her mother, even if I wasn't there, that's what Virion told her, told them all. 

She stepped forward and as the door closed, she hugged me, catching me slightly off guard, but I took it in. I could tell she was crying for the death of her father, but for some reason I didn't expect it from them, from his children, but then again, they are just children.

"I'm sorry." She said, then as she backed up, she spoke to Melody. "I got it from here." Melody sent me a smile, then started to walk away, she was very kind, I really appreciated everything she has done for Veer. 

"No, I'm sorry." I quickly said, knowing that yes, it's hard for me, and I'm going to need a lot of time to figure stuff out, but she was his daughter, I should respect that even if I am not in the mood to. 

"There's no need for that right now." She told me, shaking her head, looking into the room. "Whatever is on that ring, my father said that he needed a couple of things to make it work." Is she the one Virion trusted the most, or the strongest, I couldn't tell. "The ring, you, me, the vritra serum, and us five children."