Reunion

Virion Leywin

I was in the council room still, I was told by Arthur that I wasn't allowed to leave, somewhat pathetic, but I was going to listen to him. Cecilia was with me, some of the others in the room left, they all shot me either a look of disgust or just a head nod.

"You know, it's going to take a lot more for you to ever be trusted again." Sylvie said as she stood up, Arthur hasn't moved, he's just been staring at me, I've read his mind, he's lost right now. "I am still upset, we all are, you did terrible things Veer, and well, they aren't going to be forgiven, or forgotten."

"I know." I told her, looking away from her as Seris moved a little at her seat. "Can I sit now?" I asked, turning to Arthur, there were a lot of seats open, and I was getting bored, this was boring. 

"No." He told me, and I rolled my eyes. "They are for council members only, and you, are not a council member." I just love the looks he's giving me, the hate, it's clear as day, it makes me tingle inside.

'You really aren't doing a good job apologizing.' Hades said within my mind once again. 'I know you didn't come here for that, but right now, it's a good chance for you to do so.' I didn't respond to him; my attention went to the door as a figure appeared.

"Veer." Tessia said, looking at me, I could sense her coming from a mile away, I just couldn't believe she would come here. "It truly is you." In the room still was Seris, Caera, Sylvie, Arthur, Cecilia, and me.

"It is." I said sarcastically, looking at the girl I considered my sister, well, I guess she was my sister technically, or is it sister-in-law, I don't know, I don't care. Tessia came walking over to me, Arthur wasn't stopping her, which was surprised. "It's good to ----"

Tessia's hand came at my face, I could have stopped it, and Cecilia was going to, but I held a hand up to her as Tessia slapped me across the face. "That's for killing Arthur." She said, looking at me angrily. "You are a monster, Veer."

"I'm sorry." I said, and she was going to slap me again, but stopped, knowing I could have stopped her the first time. "I truly am, I had to do what I had to do." I felt Hades move in me, letting me know that I said something wrong, which I didn't think I did.

"Shut up." She told me, and I backed away from her as she faced Cecilia. "Wow, it's me." Tessia said as Arthur came walking around, the others didn't move, Sylvie was watching me, the others were whispering, some even thinking about me. "Nico was right, you grew a perfect version of me."

"Tessia Eralith." Cecilia said, looking at her vessel. "So, this is what I really look like, ha, I get it." Tessia and her just stared at one another, there was no talking, only silence. I just took in the sight as Arthur put a hand on Tessia's back.

"The only reason I'm not throwing you out right now, Veer, is because you saved all of us countless times." Tessia told me, and I have to say, those words make me sound like a hero. "The way you handled things though, it is unacceptable."

"You started a damn war with the asuras!" Arthur scolded me again; I held back laughter. "All the deaths from here on out are on your hands, Veer, yours, not mine, not hers..." He pointed to Cecilia and me. "Yours!"

"I know." I said, it was true, because I started the war it is my fault, however, I needed to just state one thing. "Whose hands would the deaths be on if I didn't do anything?" I asked him, looking my brother in the eyes, trying to get answers from him.

"What?" He exclaimed.

"Who would be at fault if I didn't start the war, and they ended up killing us anyways?" I asked, looking at his golden eyes, admiring just how shiny they look, I still want golden eyes, maybe I'll take a pair of a dragons. "Because that's what would have happened if I didn't do what I did."