Revival Pt. III

I felt a mana spike growing at Sylvie as my attack heading his way, she felt it as well and conjured a shield to protect herself, but not me, so as Kezess dodged my strike, I felt his sword heading towards the back of my neck.

I went to activate god step, but faltered and coughed up blood, I couldn't do it, I was getting close to my limit, not because I used too much mana and aether, but because of the damage he has done to me in this short amount of time.

The sword was about to connect with my skin, but a blast of pure mana from Sylvie shot at Kezess, knocking him away from me, or well, forcing him away from me as he teleported away.

He appeared about ten yards from me, but as he did, I blinked, and a second person appeared to his side, holding a sword to Kezess's chest as he breathed heavily.

"That's not Veer!" I heard a voice scream out from behind us, it was a weird voice, one I haven't heard that much, but I knew it was Veer's bond, Hades.

"Forgive me for this." Virion spoke, it sounded different, darker, almost scratchy. "But to me, you've been dead for years now." As his blade was going into Kezess's stomach, my eyes widened in confusion from the sight.

The blade went into the god's stomach, then out the back, impaling him, and at that, my heart and mind went still. I was frozen, unable to speak, Kezess, the mighty god, was dead, he simply died, another corpse for the Elven Kingdom to take.

It was Sylvie who spoke. "Veer?" She said with excitement, but as Hades slithered over to us, she remembers his words. He wasn't even looking at us right now, he was just looking forward, I could sense that he was in a weakened state, there was blood all over him, and the wounds on his body were still healing.

"Nope." Hades said, arriving at our side, but before he could speak more, Virion's aura exploded out of him and we felt his killing intent grow, it was powerful, way more than mine, and way more than I've ever felt from him.

"Awe." Virion cracked his neck and looked at us, smirking as he did, and for some reason, I felt my heart drop. "He's a very clever Lesser if that's what you want to call him." He said, and it would have confused me if I didn't already have my assumptions. "Basically cut all connections from this body."

"No, I did that for him." Hades said, and before he could continue, I spoke out.

"Agrona?" At my words, Sylvie's eyes widened, her tears stopped, and I felt her anger grow. "Is, it's you!"

He smirked, looking at me, then Sylvie. "Sorry, daughter, but your lover is gone." Virion, no, Agrona told her. "Grey." He turned back to me. "It's good to see you in such a state, deserving for a Lesser like you."

"Watch out." Hades said as he slithered up onto my shoulder. "Virion and I suspected that this was going to happen, we think he can do whatever Veer could do." I flinched a little, but as he entered me, I felt my body start to heal a little quicker, then as he poked his head out of my shoulder, he spoke some more. "You have to kill him, Arthur."

"Did this kid really suspect that?" Agrona asked, smiling at Hades and me. "It seems I created a Devil of a Lesser, way smarter than he should have been." He smirked. "Of course, that was my doing."

"W-what?" I asked, confused, staring at him, feeling the destruction flames dying out as Regis and I couldn't hold it up much longer. "What do you mean you created?" My mind started to put two and two together as King's Gambit went to work.

"I'll explain later." Hades told me. "Whatever you do, don't let him leave." He paused for a second, then went on. "He won't be able to teleport out of here right now, I cut the connection to the others around the continent. But if he gets away, it could lead to catastrophic losses."