Back From the Dead

Virion Leywin

'Yeah.' I said, agreeing with him, thinking the same thing. 'But he said that he was teaming up, and that it granted him souls? What the fuck does that ----' As I was speaking, I was cut off as a voice sliced through the air, a familiar one.

"You've grown, Devil." The voice sent shivers down my spine, but a smile grew on my face. "When I was told I would get to fight you again, I knew I couldn't resist." I spun and stared at the man sitting on a stone.

"I see, I see." I said, conjuring a blade in my hand. "The souls he brought back were given to him by fate itself, hahaha, it makes so much sense!" I exclaimed in joy, spinning the blade in my hand. "To fix the imbalance in aether, they sent the past to fix the future."

"Same old Devil." Spikes started to break the seal of the surface below him as he stood. "I missed this feeling, this feeling of pure bliss before a fight. The feeling before you take the life of someone who is hopeless."

"Uto." I said as I started conjuring blood around us, bringing it forward. "I can't say that I disagree, but fate, it's never been kind to you, bringing you face to face with me, once again."

"Oh, but that's where you are wrong." Uto said, cracking his neck as he looked at me, but I didn't need him to say it, I knew something was up. "Whoever I spoke to, they granted me this very nice body." He looked at his hands and legs with a grin. "A full blood asuran body."

"Is that supposed to matter?" I asked with confusion. "You couldn't kill me when I was ten years old, and I was only in silver core, what makes you think an asuran body is going to help you." 

He grinned wickedly as a blade appeared in his hand. "I'll be happy to show you, Devil." I still couldn't believe I was looking at Uto right now, it was awesome and bad at the same time. "You know, that phoenix granted us all asuran bodies, and well, the voice that called out to me really hated you."

"Who doesn't hate me?" I asked, shrugging, keeping my beast will active, knowing I was going to need it. "Wait, you said us, who else, well, never mind, I'll figure that out after I kill you, again." 

"They want you dead big man." He shot at me, vanishing and appearing before me in an instance. "That's why they sent me." I deflected his blade, teleported into the sky, and dropped a ball of fire on him.

A spike shot up, dispering the flames, then as he stood there, smiling up at me, I spoke to him. "Let's see you make it happen!" I teleported to the ground, brought my blade up, he brought his down, but I teleported behind him.

A spike shot out of his back, but not before my blade sliced his side. The spike did force me to teleport away before I cut him in half, but I did damage to him, and since he was bleeding, I knew two things.

One, he might be back from the dead in an asuran body because of Mordain and aether, or a person who controls aether, but he can be put right back into the ground, I just have to kill him again. 

Two, he's still Uto, which means whoever else they brought back most likely has to be someone that was once our enemy, and that we killed, which, I mean, fuck, that could be bad, but I have to imagine that Mordain has his limits even with the help of aether.

I teleported back into him, our blades met, I sent a kick into his stomach, knocking him back, dodged a spike, then another, through one of my own at him, and watched as his eyes widened in surprise, dodging it at the last second.

The spikes stopped, so I did as well and faced him. "Fire." Uto started to count on his fingers. "Water. Wind." He paused, then went on. "You didn't have earth before, nor shadow, what the fuck happened to you." That's when he pointed at my head. "Oh fuck! You are a vritra, hahaha, I didn't notice that, I was too eager to kill you."